Which steering wheel?

troopa

Reaction score
Which steering wheels will fit my b6 avant? I dont want to mod anything like airbags! Am i right in saying anything before 55 reg?
Are all models interchangeable, all the same splines?
Also wil i have any lights pop on after the install?
cheers guys

You mean like this :)

How much are they these days? I got mine 4 years ago when you could only get them from the R8 spare parts bin (and new), so they were about €900/£900 for the wheel and you still needed the airbag + B6 slipring and wiring loom (incl steering wheel control module for all the MF components).

Last edited:
If you don't want the hassle of changing airbags etc then you have very little choice and the steering wheels that are available of that year and before are all naff looking.

Ive got this one on my car:

20130217_153719_zps332095db.jpg

Ive got this one on my car:

20130217_153719_zps332095db.jpg

Very nice... What did changing to that entail? I also really like the mk1 tt alcantara wheel.
Its just mine has marks (from the previous owners ring i think), and i would like to change it and wondered what my options were..

Mine needed a fair bit, i installed dis and cruise at the same time so i needed scsm module, stalks, slipring, wheel and airbag (and a connector) a little mod to the wiring as the horn wiring was wrong, and some coding in vcds but it all works great in total took me about 2 hours with me being a complete vcds novice :)

This is a Mk1 TT Alcantara steering wheel in my B6, no modfications to make it fit

20121031_202237.jpg