avant tailgate closing

tbs

Reaction score
Every now and then when I close my tailgate in a hurry it seems to rebound and not close. Has any one else had this problem. Is there an adjustment needed?

I have this problem too but yet to work out what's causing it.

Me too! Usually happens if I push the boot closed though. I find that if I "pull" it shut with the interior trim handles and let it fall on it's own weight, it closes every time.

same here guys,ive sorted mine now though, firstly i read it was the boot lock actuator sticking or getting old and weak so i replaced that from audi at about £30 if i remember rightly but that didnt sort it and i went and bought the actual catch and that sorted it, i did try lubing the catch which was ok for a short period but i just replaced it in the end and its been fine since!

Yeah, mine often bounces too, and as said by doodah, if I pull it and let it fall of its own accord it closes nicely...usually.

And thanks for the advice, I might look into the catch. I have had it stuck before when trying to open it too soon after it bounced. I had to leave the car for about 10 mins and then re-try it! It was a right pain.

Thanks to all for the feedback. Sounds like a common fault. Anyone know the price of a catch?