1.9 tdi 130 awx remap file

glenandem

Reaction score
Hi guys got a galletto lead hanging about from a golf I used to have a while ago and fancy remapping my tdi a4, can anyone recommend a decent remap file seller or got one they could send me?
ive heard these go real well after a remap but just need to find a decent map!

Reactions: Arrkon
just googled black smoke and your right theres a lot of good comments from guys on the golf and skoda forums who've tried this guy then theres the remapper who like to cast doom and gloom lol
think i'll give him an email, can i ask did you go for the 162bhp map and what was it like with the torque,the figures he quoted look good and if there anywhere near there i imagine the car would pull well!

I met him before he started the website hes called andrew and you wont find a nicer guy and he knows his stuff,

This is a good topic, tell me if you would, Did you get your lead on eBay mate?

Just been looking for my galletto lead as I've not used it since about three years ago on my golf and the wife thinks she threw it away so after emailing Andrew he advised that most people who are buying files off him are using clone mpps v13 leads and he says mpps is better than galletto leads, he didn't advise clones but said they work so I'm going to buy a clone lead as I'll only need it for this car and not really use it again!
ive seen plenty on eBay but anyone got any links to any they've bought themselves that they could recommend?

just read this with interest then I checked out the price of the cable!!

£1000 I think I wont bother!!

hi pal,thats a gen lead you can do pretty much the same thing you need it for uploading files with a clone,some people think theyre dodgy but i never had a problem with my old galletto lead and i did my olf mk4 golf and two friends too so i had more than the £20 worth of lead use!
some people dont like messing with this stuff as you can brick the ecu on some cars but if you know what your doing its fairly easy to upload a map, its when it goes wrong or you upload a dicky file thats where you wish you paid a remapper to do it for you,but like i say ive done a few before and this andrew has a lot of good comments all over the forums and ive read a few people who have had probs uploading theyre maps and hes sorted them out for them!

yeah just been looking about and seen there is a lot of people having success with ebay cables!

i might have to look in to it more

thats the best thing to do pal,make sure you look and read and then look and read again!
you'll get remappers who will cast doom and gloom and theyre right that you can get stung but if you know what your doing and deal with somone like this andrew from black smoke then i think you'll be ok and have a remap for half the price of a generic remap from most of these remappers who generally upload a generic map for around £150, you find if you pay more than that than you might get the guys who can tweek the map for you but those guys are hard to come by these days, for every one of them theres 10 of these guys who do what im going to do basically by buying a map off somone else and loading it onto your car and these guys wouldnt know how to tweek the map but are happy to charge you around £150 for it so you might as well buy a £20 lead and buy a file of somone like black smoke for £40 who has good reviews on the web and thats important as you dont want to buy one of somone who's selling ebay cd's! and he can help if things go wrong too!
so for £60 you got a generic remap but at least its a reliable map, if you want a custom map for upgrades etc then i think personally you should be going to a place with a rolling road as then at least they know what theyre talking about generally!
i'll keep you posted how mine gets on when ive got my lead and mapped mine, im happy to have a few more bhp for little money!

Hi glenandem, yes I went for the 162 map for my AVF engined avant. Power delivery is really smooth with a noticible increase in low down grunt.. I put a blanking plate in the egr valve and Andrew turned of the warning light and defeated the immobiliser.
I am getting better mpg and a bigger smile when pressing on..
£45 for 30+ bhp, it's win win for me..
you can even post your own ecu to him and he will load the remapped file..
I wish I had done it sooner..
M
ps it a shame you are not closer as I'd let you try my spare ecu..

I bought a lead off ebay for the galetto interface and ive been speaking to andrew from blacksmoke and once my lead arrives i will deffo he going ahead with this!

Let us know how you get on

I will do, only thing bugging me is i still have a flat spot when changing gear or letting off the accellerator and reapplying it @ lower than 2500rpm, over that there is no flat spot. Grrrrr. Dunno how that will affect the map

yes i emailed them and asked if its just a remap and they confirmed that its just a load and go for that price so i thought i'd rather go down this route as for me i'd rather pay £60 rather than £150 if thats all theyre doing is uploading a map, i know theyres will be a tuned map probably by themselves and theres plenty of comments on forums about them being good but i dont see there being much difference between awesome and black smoke at this level of tuning,its not really extreme tuning is it really, if it was i'd be wanting a proper rolling road tune!
as regards your flat spot ollie have you vagcom'ed it for any faults and have you tried to block your egr to see if that sorts it?

No i havnt done either im thinkin about blocking my egr but its only since my nephew thought it was funny to swap my vac pipes around while i was in the house with the bonnet open (tea break). And i thought i got them all right but now i have a flat spot. Even have a diagram for the vac pipes and from what i can see there all right, wondering if he damaged a valve or something with them being wrong way round. i do have a vag diagnostics tool thanks to an unnamed friend who once worked for audi and it showed a fault with one of the vac solenoids as being low voltage or short circuit or something like that (i cleared it and havnt checked again)

I like the idea of this... being able to put the old map back on yourself really appeals to me so i'm gonna order a cable off eBay and map my AVF engined Avant, 130 to 160 bhp sounds like a sensible enough upgrade thats not liable to cause problems.... i let you know how it goes once i get all the stuff i need

Do you need a specific cable for it? i have a few cables one i got with my VCDS i purchased a few weeks ago, and one i got with an unregistered version of vcds a few years ago

Do you need a specific cable for it? i have a few cables one i got with my VCDS i purchased a few weeks ago, and one i got with an unregistered version of vcds a few years ago

Guys, if you're going to do this can I just make a few suggestions.

1) make sure both the car battery and laptop are fully charged, flashing ecus can be tricky made no more harder by flat/poor batteries. If you have a charge pack for your car use it to get a good 12v while flashing.

2) if anything goes wrong during the flash, DO NOt try and start the car! Turn off and try flashing again, you may just save it. Try to start and you'll brick the Ecu!

3) only use trusted maps, as a wrong checksum will ruin your day !

4) Be 100% prepared that you may well end up bricking the Ecu, not saying it will happen or trying to scare mom get but trust me, if you think you'll be 100% safe and it goes wrong your car may be off the road for a week or so.

5) if you can buy a spare Ecu, £50-£100. Keep it as a backup / stock Ecu. If you don't need it once its up and running sell it, might just save you having to phone work one day and say the cars broken down.

6) TDI ecus are a pain as its not as easy to bootmode them if it goes wrong .

7) if in doubt pay someone to do it
it above all be brave and give it ago just be appear of the potential + & -'s

Reactions: Arrkon and V8 Dave
Got my lead off ebay today and it saved my map perfectly, i had to send it to blacksmoke however as my ecu number didnt match any on the online shop so he needs to give me the right one for my car. I cant see any problems whatsoever with my lead as it worked right away with no issue

Vag no: 038906019FN

Component: 1,91 R4 EDC G000SG 1476

Coding: 00002

WSC: 63351

Thats my ecu info that wasnt on blacksmoke :( could of been done a few hours ago if it was lol

no way,thats not good!, have you pm'd him with your details,he might be able to sort you out and i know hes replied to me usually within a few mins to a few hours?

Is the software supplied actually in english? it shows it in a different language on the ebay ad?

yeah i noticed that, i'd hope so but didnt think to ask, im sure ive seen somewhere in these before that you can change the language at the top on the right side but i'll let you know if i sort it!!

cool i just downloaded that software for when my cable comes,its all just files though so which ones do you open in it?

Open the folder and then the file newserial.exe (i think its the only .exe file in that folder) i paid andrew just now for my map, 32 extra bhp and up to 20%extra torque for 45quid. Nice! His turnaround for my map is 48 hours tho :(

Mapped tonight after work and went smooth as silk. Can feel the extra grunt right away but the snows too bad to test it properly :/

good lad!
my lead just come today so ive connected it to car and laptop,opened that file youve told me about and when i click to find ecu no it just freezes?
any ideas what im doing wrong,do i have to set the usb port etc and did you have a constant red light on the lead?

I couldnt see my lead mate i sat in the car with the doors locked and as still as possible lol i just reached down by my knees and plugged it in. You need to choose the right driver for mine it was the 1900edc above the bosch and below the slow speed one. Then i chose mine from the list below. What i did differently to almost everytime i use usb is i used a port i never used before when sat in the house on wifi and it downloaded the driver for my cable and then downloaded driver for my usb and then when i went out to the car it worked immediatly. Andy at blacksmoke said with clone leads thers only an 85%chance of it working as he contacts a seller that says he has a 15% return rate for the leads being dead upon arrival. Sorry i cant be anymore help mine just worked right away. Been for another spin there and wow you can certainly tell a massive difference, wheels just want to spin through 2nd and 3rd pulls like a mad man, same with 4th wereas before it would loose grunt after 1st and 2nd

im glad you are enjoying your motor pal,im really dying to get mine sorted now!
one final question,that software you said to download, did it download into a winzip file then am i write in thinking i just go into it and select that new serial.exe then it extracts it and i get the main galletto page then select the car details and click ecu data and it freezes then !

You have to extract the full folder from the zip file mate that will be why it doesnt work as the .dll files in there also will be drivers/plugins (i know this from producing music lol) and it wont be able to find them if there still compressed in the zip file. If you dont already, download winrar http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar420.exe Its for extracring things such as this. Then when you have the extracted folder with all the files on your desktop your good to go. Any more help needed just ask am always floatin about on me fone
Ps. When i downloaded the new map onto my ecu it was all in english apart from one of the last boxes where you have to turn your ingition off for 10 aecs this was in italian, but ya know what it means as it has the no. 10 in it lol

Last edited: