AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Miles on a full tank (1.8t)

Evening all, just wondering how many miles to a full tank the 1.8t owners are getting?? Mines doing just over 300 (till the light comes on)

My way to work consistes of a lot of stop/starts...
    If it's got tits or gears it's gonna be expensive.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Blimey my 3.0v6 quattro (quattro's also run smaller tanks) 340 miles is your 1.8T mapped

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dpbayly View Post
    Blimey my 3.0v6 quattro (quattro's also run smaller tanks) 340 miles is your 1.8T mapped
    No mate, been thinking about it tho, read it improves mpg, not sure about how much it is to get it done tho....?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    i just got 420 miles on my 3.0 v6 ... generally get around 360 - 400 ish ... would have thought the 1.8t would do a lot better than that!

2nd Gear

Status
    420.... I do like my loud pedal, when i first got mine I think I had it up around 380 but now I drive it a little harder

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogtown22 View Post
    No mate, been thinking about it tho, read it improves mpg, not sure about how much it is to get it done tho....?
    Had my TT225 mapped probably dose improve mpg but because it drives so much better you tend to drive it a little more spirited so mpg gain wasn't noticeable (well that was my experience) my mapping cost me £250 from Evolve Automotive

1st Gear

Status
    Come to think of it the car does seem rather slow on acellaration latly, do you think it could all be down to a boost problem??

2nd Gear

Status
    could be do you have access to diagnostic equipment to plug it into to take some live data

2nd Gear

Status
    I get 360 to a full tank if i drive well! If i foot it then around 300
    2004 audi a4 s line 1.8t bex 242bhp dynoed
    Mods: bsr optiflow kit, forge diverter valve, custom turbo back exhaust, custom 200 cell cat, DGR coilovers, forge tip, s3/tt 386cc injectors, boost gauge, revo stage 2, 12mm rear spacers, rear window extension spoiler
    To come: big brake setup... Getting there!!
    boats and hoesss, boats and hoesss

1st Gear

Status
    No unfortunatly not. I noticed a drop in power when I changed the wheel size from 16 to 18, I thought the drop in power would be normal when changing the wheels for a bigger size?? Tbh when you boot it it does build up the revs etc but dosnt really seem to have a kick to it. Looks like I'll have to get it booked in to see whats what..

2nd Gear

Status
    What size tyres are on your 18's and what were on your 16's reason I ask as long as the rolling radius is the same then there should be no difference in the way in performs.

Where in Northhants are you if your not to much of a trek from me (Royston herts) then I would happily plug you in and run a few tests

1st Gear

Status
    I couldn't tell you the tyre size for the 16 but on the 18's I'm running 235 40's. I'm actually in Northampton itself bud, that would be great if you could!

2nd Gear

Status
    That size is stock for 18's so should perform as it should on those.

Im about tomorrow afternoon or any evening as the garage I work at I'm a key holder and can use the place and equiptment when ever I want out side working hours, so any time outside working hours is good with me so drop me a pm when your free and I'll forward my address and number

1st Gear

Status
    Pm sent fella

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogtown22 View Post
    I couldn't tell you the tyre size for the 16 but on the 18's I'm running 235 40's. I'm actually in Northampton itself bud, that would be great if you could!
    That's actually normal for a 1.8T running on 18" wheels, i have a b6 FWD 1.9Tdi mapped and that will do 600 miles on a full tank driven sensibly or 450 if i drive it hard ! I also have 18" wheels, previous owner used to do 800miles on a full tank running it on 16" wheels but i think it's too far fetched ! 30Mpg is about average for these and contrary a remap will get you worse fuel economy ! Going fast cost money whichever way you look at it !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

3rd Gear

Status
    which 1,8T's we talking about about 163 or 190? I totally agree about the remaps tht give more power, in theory you can achieve better mpg, but the reality is that that you will enjoy the difference so much that you will drive it to enjoy the extra horses. That said, my last two cars have been mapped so I def aint knocking it !!
    Need pinstriping? : www.crazypainter.com

A4.. 1.8T.. Remapped .. Saloon.. Atlas Grey.. Votex Kit..

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    That's actually normal for a 1.8T running on 18" wheels, i have a b6 FWD 1.9Tdi mapped and that will do 600 miles on a full tank driven sensibly or 450 if i drive it hard ! I also have 18" wheels, previous owner used to do 800miles on a full tank running it on 16" wheels but i think it's too far fetched ! 30Mpg is about average for these and contrary a remap will get you worse fuel economy ! Going fast cost money whichever way you look at it !
    I filled up yesterday, put £70 in
    reset the DIS and it read 440

i have a 1.9tdi FWD AWX standard eengine but I have 19x9, 19x10 X5 wheels on
    I need a temp sender and thermostat though

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyb6 View Post
    I filled up yesterday, put £70 in
    reset the DIS and it read 440

i have a 1.9tdi FWD AWX standard eengine but I have 19x9, 19x10 X5 wheels on
    I need a temp sender and thermostat though
    Do it from brim to brim, the DIS is known to over estimate a little ! As i said, my best tank was 600 miles and the worst 450 or there about's ! Not brave enough to run it for long on low fuel, i have just changed the filters recently !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    Do it from brim to brim, the DIS is known to over estimate a little ! As i said, my best tank was 600 miles and the worst 450 or there about's ! Not brave enough to run it for long on low fuel, i have just changed the filters recently !
    Ive had 650-700s before on my 16s
    just done filters etc, just new temp sender and stat which should give me a few more mpg

i only work 2 miles away, so takes the engine longer too warm up then it takes me to get to work

3rd Gear

Status
    Mine has just done 300 miles on £60 of optimax which was 3/4 of a tank, thats running stage 2, and having fun with bmw drivers!!!!! The tank was almost empty though i had 5 or 10 miles left on the DIS, i normally dont like going that low but there was no where to fill up.
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

1st Gear

Status
    Everytime I fill up, the miles to empty always says 420 miles. But I never get that I get about 350/380

Neutral

Status
    Recalculating from the smaller tank of my 3.0l V6 quattro I would get about 430 miles on a long run with a 70l tank. That would plummet on a lot of stop start journeys of course.

BahnStormer

Status
    you ought to be getting 400 on a 69 liter tank with mixed driving... I would have thought 400 on a quattro (more drag + only 65liter) should be possible with sensible driving... hell I I get 400 on mine with the same size tank and a lot more weight to haul around!
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

1st Gear

Status
    As hard as I have tried 400 seems impossible

Neutral

Status
    1.8t 190 no mods I filled up then went from Birmingham to York and back which was just over 400 miles by the time I had dicked about......driving like a 90year old granny

Around town it's a joke I don't even look

3rd Gear

Status
    I brim mine and run it until the DIS says 20 miles or so, by that point I have typically covered 340 miles and mine is the very inefficient 2.4 v6 petrol cab still love it though ! Even at 24p a mile lol. Paper and pen calcs pretty much spot on to my DIS as well.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

1st Gear

Status
    i have a 1.8t quattro cab, and get about 200 miles to a£50. can any one explain the 3 different mpg readings one the DIS and which is most accurate ?

thanks
    Previously here with a Audi S3. - Now im back with a Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 2005 . Black with Red Leather.

1st Gear

Status
    I religiously used shell v power up until a month a go when they gutted the shell garage and replaced with BP, filled up with Tesco momentum being so close to work and I'm definitely seeing an improvement in fuel economy. Now getting 400 miles ish to a tank depending on driving style