good place to pick up a live from

vr6gordy

Reaction score
need a ign live anyone got a good place to pick up form ?????audi a4 cab

Might want to give a bit more info about what you need it for and where. Obvious place is thr fuse box but there might be somewhere more convenient with more details!

im wanting to wire a 12v convertor to power up my ps2 ... i wanna know if i could join to the power of my rns-e so when i leave the key in ign it stays on .. pull key out it gose off .. the same as my head unit ..... witch wire do i need to join to ?

If you have a proper accessory feed at the head unit then this is the best place to pick it up (B6 vehicles don't have it as they use the CANBUS, but your cabriolet maybe different). Pull the HU and you will have a black power ISO connector. It will have a brown earth, red with white stripe permanent live, and hopefully 3 pins along from the earth you will have a yellow with red stripe wire, this is the accessory feed (ignition on which stays live until you pull the keys out). You can use this to trigger a relay that then feeds the PS2. I wouldn't wire the PS2 directly to it. It needs a relay.