Replacing the standard amp and sub

Dogtown22

Reaction score
Is ist possible to remove the amp and sub but use the wiring to power an aftermarket amp and subwoofer ??? I have a 12 inch sub in a box with the amp fixed to the back if the box, just wondering if I can tap into the existing wiring to power it.

Last edited:
You can't power the new amp from the existing loom (it's only 5-10amp), so you will have to run a 40+ amp cable back to the battery, but all the other feeds are there - left & right rear pre-outs and remote on. Also with the non Bose system the stock amp drives the rear speakers as well as the stock sub so you need to keep it wired in or replace it.
B6rear-subpinout.jpg

B6StealthSub.jpg

B6Amplocation.jpg

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/car-entertainment/18403-a4-avant-b6-stealth-sub-install.html

Thanks Andy, I fitted the stereo today and the iso lead, tbh it sounds like the whole lot wants completly ripping out and starting from scratch!!! The fronts are MEGA loud and the rears REAL quiet, just cant seem to find a happy medium using the fader on the head unit, sounds very harsh...

The fronts will be louder than the rears as they are running off the HU which will now be delivering 2 x 50w+ while the rears are still using the feeble Audi/Nokia amp which is 2 x 20w. You need to replace the fronts with some decent components - JL Audio TR650csi's are decent and fit a sub, then ideally run the fronts and sub off a 4ch amp, and rewire the rears to the HU for when you have rear passengers. Makes a world of difference
You can then ditch the ISO harness adapter and run proper RCA's