1.9 tdi engine mount fault code on vcds

glenandem

Reaction score
hi guys,getting the int fault code on engine mount on my vcds and it wont clear, ive checked the mount with the plug on it quickly and no leaks but has a buldge in the rubber holding the fluid in, couldnt see the other mounting on drivers side as it was too wet to get underneath but will check it, now im getting a bad vibration when setting off and best way to stop it is to slip the clutch with high revs and im getting a monster vibration at mway speed, could this be due to a engine mount or could it be the dmf, the engine doesnt idle bad neither does it shake the car bad either unless setting off or on mway.
im just not sure which to go for,if the drivers side mount isnt leaking am i right in thinking dmf and thats causing the engine mount fault code but then again the code wont clear even when im stationary so no had time to rattle the engine again to set it off????
confuseddddddd!!!!

Im not too sure but these engine mounts stiffen up at speed, and slack at idle to reduce vibrations i think i read this somewhere. If the mount is bulging and you have a fault code, id replace it!

jacked the engine up today while i was fitting my s line lower and the drivers engine mount looked spot on and was still together after trying to gently jack the engine up so its not separated!
cant understand why im getting the fault when it all seems ok,no leaks etc?

Have you checked the passenger side? thats the side that has gone on mine, i will get round to it one of these days, but wont pay tps price of 100quid for a new one, german ebay however do sell them new at half the price

hi mate,checked that yesterday as you can pretty much see that by looking in engine bay but did have look underneath and there wasnt any red fluid or any sort of wetness as i thought thats what makes them go faulty?

yeah ive not checked the wiring loom or plug yet, just checked for leaks splits etc but next thing to do!

I changed both of the engine mounts on my b7 as i was getting a really bad vibration at 1750rpm. When i had them out i could not see anything wrong with them compared to the new ones but it did cure my problem.