k and n panel filter

b14ryk

Reaction score
1.9 tdi 130 sport r the k and n any good they just last 100000 miles for about 50 notes

I have a K&N 57i induction kit on my 1.9. Not had any problems and have only cleaned it and re-oiled it once. They have a 1 million mile warranty ! Haha.
Its hard to say if the filter gives any performance advantage as I have other mods but I think or hope :happy: it gives slightly better mpg and a slightly better throttle response, but it may all be in my mind. Haha. What I do know is that it sounds good :yes:.
There are fears of the MAF getting gunked up by the filter oil but I have never found this and follow K&N oiling instuctions. The MAF can be cleaned with contact cleaner anyway if needs be.

I use a K&N on my bike and as already said they have a million mile warranty and only need cleaning and oiling every so often

on my bike it runs miles better it allows it to breathe easier but its coupled with a custom map on the bike and is a gain of about 7bhp which on a bike can be a lot (power to weight ratio's etc)

audilad9 If you have oiled the filter right there should be no need to worry about getting oil on the MAF if you do get any on it you have oiled it too much and you wont get the benefit of the freer flowing filter

Hi Stu-m, yeah as I said I have never had any problems, having checked the MAF a couple of times whilst doing other work. I have used K&N's for many years and dont over oil them as per instructions.

hi mate ive got a new (still in the wrapping) green performance panel filter for sale £35 posted

Last edited:
all sounds good then :)