Odd stereo problem

Dogtown22

Reaction score
Just been trying to fit my Sony head unit and came across this strange problem...

swapped the red/yellow wires over and the Sony unit will accapt/eject cd but the stereo itself dosnt light up or play????

I know the stereos fine as I've just took it out my golf.... Confused!!

Unless you've fitted a wiring adapter that includes a CAN bus adapter you won't have any switched igniton feed or lights on wire - the OE Audi radios only have a permanent feed and get all the other information they need off of the Infotainment CAN bus.

just wire in a switched live

all you need to do is find a switched live which you can take from the fuse box somewhere or there is a really thin red wire that runs under the steering column to the ignition you can wire this to a relay and power through the relay to the stereo you cant wire the thin wire direct as its too thin to carry the load, doing it this way will make it work like OE keeping the stereo on until you pull the key out

Just looking at the patch leads, would I need the half amplified lead??? Later on in life I want to fit a sub and amp thet I've got.

Where can I buy a can bus stereo adapter on line?????? Cant fond one anywhere....

havent got a clue and I'm pretty sure even if you do get one you still need a switched live