S4 rear anti roll bar

kenny_boon

Reaction score
Hi all,

has anyone fitted a rear S4 anti roll bar to an s-line quattro?

i was sure this had been discussed before but cant seem to find it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Take a look HERE Kenny - about half way down.

It does seem a worthwhile and pretty damm cheap Mod.

I Will do mine in the not so distant future........................................................

BUB

Just be careful. You will dial out some understeer but that means you have more chance of oversteer.

I've read posts of TT owners who have put R32 ARBs on and some have had big "moments".

thanks for the advice scotty. will bear it in mind.

Thanks Bub,
sounds good, and doesnt seem to hard to fit, does the weight need to be off the wheels when changing the ARB?

thanks all

Will be interested to hear how you get on with this Kenny, i.e. how much difference it makes.

I don't think that it matters if the weight is off the wheels or not when taking off (it may just help to get the bolts out), but I guess you need the weight on the wheels for tightening the link bolts else the rubbers can be twisted when you drop the car back down. Certainly the front links are a like that.

As long as you torque up the bolts to the correct value you should be fine. Should be fairly easy. Reverse the car up a set of ramps, drop the exhaust hangers, swap the ARB's, refit exhaust hangers.

How hard can that be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How hard can that be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh ........... Now that is tempting fate Simon!!!

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif