AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3rd Gear

Status
    I've blacked my egr with plates but not disconnected the top pipe, should I disconnect that too or will it be ok?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rockin' Shnit

Status
    It will be fine the top pipe only sucks the plunger open and with your plate there nothing will happen
    blacksmoke remap, 18" alloys, coilovers, heko wind deflectors, c/coded door blades, DIS, Cruise, votex front grille
    TO DO: fit my votex front valance (in the shed), c/code the rest of the lowers, sport interior

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie-B View Post
    Use your standard egr valve with 2 blanking plates and the top pipe disconected and then you still have your anti shudder valve for a smooth shut down. Pointless spending 50 quid when you can spend 5 or nothing if you make your own plates
    Well i have problem, till engine is cold car is very smoky,stinky and does horible 20mpg on 1.9tdi engine, once it warmed up,no smoke at all and mpg goes up to 45 as it supposed to be, so what is up with my EGR? is it stuck open or closed? what do i need to do, to stop it smoke badly at cold engine? please help,that bad smoke and terrible mpg kills my love to my Audi

Rockin' Shnit

Status
    Either the plunger is leaking and letting ya exhaust gasses through too early or the vlave that controlls it is nackered and its stuck open. Ya can tell if its stuck open if ya unplug the top pipe and it gets better its stuck open if ya unplug it and it stays the same the plunger is leaking. Either way fitting plates instead of your pipe will sort it
    blacksmoke remap, 18" alloys, coilovers, heko wind deflectors, c/coded door blades, DIS, Cruise, votex front grille
    TO DO: fit my votex front valance (in the shed), c/code the rest of the lowers, sport interior

Reverse Gear

Status
    Either the plunger is leaking and letting ya exhaust gasses through too early or the vlave that controlls it is nackered and its stuck open. Ya can tell if its stuck open if ya unplug the top pipe and it gets better its stuck open if ya unplug it and it stays the same the plunger is leaking. Either way fitting plates instead of your pipe will sort it
    Thanx for reply Ollie, right where to get those plates from(cause i won't make my own) and where exactly do i need to fit them? cause i don't really understand much about engines

Rockin' Shnit

Status
    Ebay, search audi a4 egr plates and they will be there somewere, cant miss them. And there is a metal pipe frok ya egr to exhaust manifold. Either end of that. Easyest way to test first is just pull the pipe from the top of ya egr (can do it without removing engine cover) and see how that goes. Stick a bolt or something in the pipe you pull off asael to keep ya vaccum strong or if ya valves nackerd it will constanlty suck air

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ebay, search audi a4 egr plates and they will be there somewere, cant miss them. And there is a metal pipe frok ya egr to exhaust manifold. Either end of that. Easyest way to test first is just pull the pipe from the top of ya egr (can do it without removing engine cover) and see how that goes. Stick a bolt or something in the pipe you pull off asael to keep ya vaccum strong or if ya valves nackerd it will constanlty suck air
    Thanks, why do i need to block either ends of it? not just one? i have b6, so 1end in a bottom of egr valve and another one is closer to offside headlamp? if i block them? what happens next? do i need disconnect anythiing?

Rockin' Shnit

Status
    Yea both ends or either your egr will suck air or you exhaust willblow. Totaly remove the pipe for ya egr to exhaust manifold and fit one plate to underside of egr and one to exhaust manifold. You wont need any pipes disconnecting then as the plunger wont do anything

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yea both ends or either your egr will suck air or you exhaust willblow. Totaly remove the pipe for ya egr to exhaust manifold and fit one plate to underside of egr and one to exhaust manifold. You wont need any pipes disconnecting then as the plunger wont do anything
    Thank you, i think i got you this time. English isn't my native language and goole translator just sux wi9ll block that on weekend and let u know asap

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNi View Post
    Thank you, i think i got you this time. English isn't my native language and goole translator just sux wi9ll block that on weekend and let u know asap
    About time ! That was supposed to be my thread...
    Anyway, the gearbox has decided to trow the toys out of the pram, it's locked in first so with the nice hot weather i will proceed with fixing it ! I will keep you posted...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

1st Gear

Status
    excellent thread.
    I really wish I had your knowledge of these cars (and that you lived closer to me so I could pick your brain in person)
    2.5 tdi Quattro sport - PhatBox - DIS - Cruise - RS4 ARB - Remap - and a few other minor mods/retrofits
    2.0 TFSI A4 b7 cab - completely std for now... (the wife's car)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ordered them, Just before i do it, will i get error light on my dash?

Rockin' Shnit

Status
    Depends in the year mines 2001 and i didnt but others do. Thinks its late 02 the started monitoring the egr. But still some people dont get the error

Reverse Gear

Status
    Depends in the year mines 2001 and i didnt but others do. Thinks its late 02 the started monitoring the egr. But still some people dont get the error
    right. so mine is 2003(11month) so most likely will,(don't want that) if it will come on and i just take them out and put all as it was, will error dissapear or i'll need garage's help to erase that for me? Sorry for being pesky, just want to secure my self.

Rockin' Shnit

Status
    If it logs an error it will need erasing

3rd Gear

Status
    Any more update mate?

So interesting how you do things mate. I rate you!

Keep it all up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12