Ebiach sportline fitted :D

Dogtown22

Reaction score
Got my car back from the garage today (finally!)

I had them fit 4 235 40 18 tyres to my Fat Five 18's

Fit the sportline springs

Fit the 15mm spacers

Do the wheel alinement

Do the tracking.

Yes it was a rather large bill but its done now haha.

Firstly I have to say it has tramsformed the look of the car LOTS, I'll ad some pics tomorrow as its too dark to take them now. It also changed the way the car drives dramaticly, much less boaty now it just feels proper.com.

Its got to go back to the garage on monday because when I got it back to work, I had a good look round it and on the passesger side rear, the top of the rim is dead inline with the wheel arch yet on ther other side its about 20mm into the wheel arch?! At first I thought I bought a set of mishmashed spacers but nope, The camber on both wheels look identical and its been all set by the garage so I'm abit puzzled??? Any Ideas?!

Last edited:
Get some pics up all these lowering threads I'm itching to do mine how much did garage charge for fitting the springs if you don't mind me asking pm if you like cheers pete

Hi Pete, you'll need the allignment doing too mate, expect to pay around £250 all in

Got my car back from the garage today (finally!)

I had them fit 4 235 40 18 tyres to my Fat Five 18's

Fit the sportline springs

Fit the 15mm spacers

Do the wheel alinement

Do the tracking.

Yes it was a rather large bill but its done now haha.

Firstly I have to say it has tramsformed the look of the car LOTS, I'll ad some pics tomorrow as its too dark to take them now. It also changed the way the car drives dramaticly, much less boaty now it just feels proper.com.

Its got to go back to the garage on monday because when I got it back to work, I had a good look round it and on the passesger side rear, the top of the rim is dead inline with the wheel arch yet on ther other side its about 20mm into the wheel arch?! At first I thought I bought a set of mishmashed spacers but nope, The camber on both wheels look identical and its been all set by the garage so I'm abit puzzled??? Any Ideas?!

Quite common for rear axles not to be centered on many cars these days, I'm not sure how easy it is to sort out on an A4. I had a golf before my A4 and a lot of people managed to center them by tweeking the mounts etc or some just ran different sized spacers to sort it out.

Yeah just reading a thread about it being over to one side on golfs, most people find its the rear bushes or a bent wishbone.

When I first read this thread I read it backwards as I usually do and thought you were saying you paid £250 for alignment only ha!

Glad you've finally got it all done. Can't wait to see the pics.

I'm trying mate but my phones being a nobba

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 193
That looks perfect! Definitely sticking with springs and shocks rather than coilies. Did you fit the perches in the end?

That looks perfect! Definitely sticking with springs and shocks rather than coilies. Did you fit the perches in the end?

Pretty sure he didn't, but the springs he got had a slightly bigger drop on the front which compensates this....I think :p

Thanks mate
only thing I would just be afraid of is a hard ride ...as I drive on lots of bumpy roads

think I'll get a set of these in anyway, your car looks very well on them.

Cool do it mate, I have to use a lot of back roads to get to work, it's Dosnt make it a harsh ride, still a bit of give in the shocks