Recommend an insurance Company

HuntsA4

Reaction score
Its time for the dreaded insurance renewal, anyone know of any Company sympathetic to the poor A4 driver?

Adrian Flux

Elephant

Admiral

Privledge

Greenlight

Take your pic... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Its time for the dreaded insurance renewal, anyone know of any Company sympathetic to the poor A4 driver?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're that poor best get a Mreg mondeo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eSure are very good if you've been a good boy too.......

My A4 is £349 with them , Which is pretty damm cheap IMO.

BUB

use confused.com

It seems as though norwich Union direct are very competitive at present. i'm with them at the moment. my renewal is £420. i have run a quote thru the above, then amended things such as the excess etc. With a 320 excess, i have got the policy down to £291!! I haven't told them (NU) this, but i will let my present policy expire without renewal, then take a new one out with them the next day, providing that there is nothing in the small print about new customers. If there is, then i'm sure that if the policy elapses for a day, then i will in effect become a new customer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

the 2 big supermakrets (going thru their sites) were the next best!

i found confused.com gave me really expensive quotes. use them to see who comes out the top 3 lowest then try those companies direct see what prices u get.

im with elephant for my A4 quattro and paying less than £400 and im 26

i'am with directline £731 for a 02 1.9tdi with 11 year ncb and i'am 35 (must be my post code)
Privledge quoted £1200!!

£731!!!!!

I am 35, 6 years no claims, full business year for me and the misses, 30,000 miles per year, parked on drive, no tracker and I pay £420 with Norwich Union for '04 plate S'line A4.

What on earth is your postcode!!

thanks for the good advice chaps.

The name that keeps apearing is Norwich Union, just gave them a call. £379, that for me and the missus 40yrs and 33 yrs respectively. A4 1.8T 190 sport, no tracker parked on drive 20,000 miles/p.a with Class 1 business use.

Well chuffed, paid over £500 last year

Try Adrian Flux

I'm 31, 6 points, 6yrs NCB, in Manchester, driving Audi A4 2.5 TDI Q Sport value £18k

Premium £512

£502 per year with Liverpool Victoria, I am 33 with 3 point and 5 years no claim and thats with full class A business use and only £200 vol excess.

Not bad I think

[ QUOTE ]
i'am with directline £731 for a 02 1.9tdi with 11 year ncb and i'am 35 (must be my post code)
Privledge quoted £1200!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm 35, have 10 years NCB, SP30, live in Bedford and have a 54 TDI 130 Sport with quite a few extras and I just renewed with Directline for £358. Even got the 0% deal over 12 months which makes it even sweeter. No-one could come close to them and they've been like that for me over the last 5 years.

To be honest it's not worth recommending an insurance co. as what's good for one person may be rubbish for another. The only way is to do the finger work and fill in all those on-line quotes.

Iam to old to mention full ncd and now with adrian flux for just over £400.I was with liverpool royal but they cancelled my policy after exhaust mod.Not many company's will cover modified cars.

for the first time ever in my life, Direct line were 300 cheaper for me this year on my s3. They quoted £650 for my S3... NUD wanted £980, and thats with maximum loyalty and employee ****** discount...

you'll find that certain insurers have times in the month where they will offer rediculously low premiums for the sake of keeping their name as competitive, or making their target of new business.

Another tip, and this is going to sound real harsh, is to make sure you get through to a UK call-centre. If you dont, just hang up, and re-dial. In all my experiences, its the UK call centres that genuinely try to help.

i think i need to move out of london or d/line said if i spend £1000/1500 on a tracker and cat 1 alarm they will come down to around £680 so i will save all of £50 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Do you all keep quiet about your mods unless the insurer asks?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you all keep quiet about your mods unless the insurer asks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you've done it *ducks*.

There is a long thread about this in the A3/S3 forum, perhaps about 4-5 months ago.

Some do, some don't.

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I'll get me coat!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I'll get me coat!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Yeah, it's just that the thread got a little heated with varying views and arguments - worth a read though.

Kev.

my NU direct quote premium(£291 for a 2.5tdi 03 plate avant, 35 full NCB,3 points) will be the cheapest EVER insurance premium that i have paid in 17 years of insuring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

I personally now include all factory fitted options like leather seats, folding mirrors etc. The insurers would always look for a get out clause if big pay out was involved.

[ QUOTE ]
I personally now include all factory fitted options like leather seats, folding mirrors etc. The insurers would always look for a get out clause if big pay out was involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll find that most insurers would pay out for a standard car i.e. no options even when you've declared them and they've increased your premium because of them! That's one of the reasons for having to take out GAP insurance.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll find that most insurers would pay out for a standard car i.e. no options even when you've declared them and they've increased your premium because of them! That's one of the reasons for having to take out GAP insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, as discussed many many times before , that's how I understand it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif
BUB

GAP insurance is to cover you on what you have left to pay to the finance companies whenever the cars value drops below what you have left to pay on it. Basically so you dont be paying for a car which is written off....but it has nothing to do with whatoptional extras you have on your motor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

In a roundabout way it does - It's been discussed before.

Many insurance companies only base the pay out value on the standard spec's price.

ie -You buy a car with a 26k basic price. Add a few bits and pieces (factory options) that add 2k to the price. If it's written off you'll be offered a price based on 26k less deprecation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Nasty

Also CJ you get GAP in varying degrees - From basic 'bridge the GAP to cover outstanding finance' , to full invoice value or new for old within 3yrs.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I have been with all the usual suspects, Esure,NU and Tesco, and every year they kept putting the insurance up, I have always paid around 350 quid, but this year Esure wanted over £400.

So I use Moneysupermarket.com for all my money needs now, and this year Swiftcover came out cheapest, £300 FC, 32 yrs old, bristol, 1.8T Quattro sport, 8 yrs no claims, no points etc, 2 accidents, none my fault.

Also when you get cover with Swift, you get everything online, you can print out your insurance cert, you get any car cover, and you can change everything in your own control panel, it really is the best insurance I have had /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

The one company I wouldn't recommend is Audi insurance. Their broker is pants. Due to an error in their writing down a debit card number (which they had already taken funds from - so it definitely wasn't me) I ended up driving without cover for a while. On renewal, they went from free monthly payments to a significant charge without notification. Cheeky gits! They are cheap though - they were £40 cheaper than anyone else

im looking at a A4 x-reg. 1.8SE or 1.8T Sport. the insurance is gonna be about £1200 when i renew in june with 2 years NCD im 21, 10,000 a year kept on drive with a cat1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Just been doing the insurance renewal rounds. With Sainsbury's at present but renewal quote was higher than that stated by money supermarket for Sainsbury and when I then did a quote through their own site still cheaper than my renewal, even though when I saked I was told that the best price is what they quote on renewals.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif.

Anyway, am 32, an SP30, 6 years protected NCD on 12000 miles with an S4.

Renewal quote = £928
Privilege; Cheaper by a pound
Directline; More expensive
Admiral; More Expensive
More Than; Won't quote
Esure; Won't quote
First Alternative; Won't quote
The AA; didn't even bother as last time they were quoting £3K+
Elephant; More Expensive
Asbourne; More Expensive
Confused.com; all more expensive
NU Direct; You're probably getting the picture by now.
Adrian Flux; Depends on what day and who you speak to but have a quote include modification cover on a like for like for £770

The cheapest if I didn't have mods would be swiftcover.com which was £650 with a £150 excess, unfortinately they don't covered modded cars and refer you to Adrian Flux.

Am purchasing my insurance on the 7/12 but Adrian Flux say in their quote letter that although they hope to hold the quote for 30 days it isn't always possible. Let's see what happens

Hope this helps.

I have just gone to Adrian Flux, they were £130 cheaper than Tesco and that was with a remap where as Tesco was without.

After looking around for ages, I got the best deal through the supermarkets.

Tesco last year - for my 98R A4 1.8T Sport - was £490 FC protected with 8yr NCD

This year, Sainsbury's.

03 A4 1.9 TDI Sport saloon. Valued at £13,000, parked off street, but not a garage, with business and 20,000 miles was £480 FC protected. Cost another £33 for my bird to be put on, shes only 23 too.

I am 26, okish area (Henley-on-Thames, RG9), no points (yet) and in IT.

Didn't think £480 was too bad.

That's my £0.02.