1.9tdi vaccum pipe help

Ollie-B

Rockin' Shnit
Reaction score
I was tinkering under the bonnet today, havning a bit clean up and went in the house for a cuppa and came out to find my nephew had pulled some vaccum pipes off the car lol i refitted them were i thought they went one to the actualtor on the egr one to the top of the egr and one to a t piece under the egr. One is obvious were it goes as the other 2 are fabric sheathed pipes.... Now my problem is when i put them back on the car pulled very well but had a flat spot like a one second delay when changin gear and accellerating before anything happend (2nd to 3rd, foot down a blip then nothing for one sec then its away) so i swapped the 2 pipes (actuator and t piece) now the flat spot is gone but it doesnt pull nearly as well, its more a gentle consistant rise like the turbo is boosting but not as good as it was when the pipes were the other way round. Stuck my mac tools reader on it and no faults are logged, any ideas?

By the way he may have swapped more than these pipes about, all the others are on but hes a little sh+t so wudnt suprise me if hes swapped a few round and not got round to refitting the 3 that was left off lol is there a diagram anywere with all vaccum pipe locations? I was quite impressed at first with the boost i was gettin turbo kicked in about 1250 - 1400 rpm and pulled like feck but that flat spot just wasnt right haha

A pic says a thousand words if you can get one

I will take one tomorrow i found this aswel maybe worth following
dbryid.jpg

Or just follow that lol

the one thats missing though is what goes to the back of the engine it actually connects to the servo pipework on the pic above its "Spre servo"

I doubt he could of got his hands in that? Could he.... i deffo think its something to do with the surrounding egr pipes. A bit like the the butterfly on egr isnt opening/closing when it should restricing air flow

that butterfly on the egr (the black one?) is a antis shudder valve

open your bonnet with the car running then turn it off and watch the valve it will close it stops the air so the car can go to a nice stop rather then a sudden stop with the air been compressed

the one from the servo runs the same route as the egr and anti shudder pipes and runs down towards the front of the car to the N75 valve area

also if the pipe on the servo is off the turbo wont work as thats the vacuum and also your brakes wouldnt be much good either as you would have a leak on the servo vac lines

I recon you have put them all on ok

Ah right so when the engine is off butterfly should be closed and when it starts it should open perminantly until engine is turned off? So whats with these egr deletes? Will that not give the car a shudder with there being no butterfly valve to close?

no when you switch off it will close for a few seconds then it springs back open

EGR delete kits are a waste of money yes they do take the butterfly out not sure how it affects shudder I dont have one

If you want to delete the EGR just buy a couple of plates off ebay or make some and put them between the EGR pipe from the exhaust maifold to the EGR

bear in mind depending on your year of car some will bring the EML on and it will have to be mapped out otherwise it wont run right

I wasnt planning on egr delete. Audi spends millions in research and development then someone decides it runs better with a few plates in place lol not for me, egrs are made ro recirculate some of your exhaust gasses to have less crap coming out the exhuast and keep emissions lower. I dont get people wanting to do this. Im gonna have to check my pipes over tomorrow, but as i say first time i put them on the boost was insane but with a flat spot between gears and 2nd time flat spot had gone but wasnt boosting as well, was boosting but not as good

People go to the trouble of making plates and buying kits, can you not just take off the vaccume pipe that raises the plunger that allows the exhaust gasses into the inlet and block the pipe off? Is this not successfuly stoppin it recirculatin the exhaust gasses?