Multitronic

Biddy

Reaction score
Hi guys bit of a prob my a4 18t multitronic today has decided every know and then when i go to pull away nothing happens and the gear display p r n d flash when i turn it off and restart its ok only done it about three times today but never before any ideas also my esp and abs lights come on every know and then which is another prob brake lights work ok any ideasbon that one

cheers lionel

No doesnt feel strange when accelerating but that could be cause it wont go any were lol just the gear indicators flash

I have a problem with my CVT box on my A4 Cab 2.4 Sport. Sometimes when I try to pull away it chokes then loud bang noise follows. I am going to change the gearbox oil, gearbox oil gasket and gearbox oil filter. I am also going to upgrade the software on the gearbox although I am still re-searching where I can get the latest possible firmware and how to do it using VCDS. There are some people on eBay doing it for £200 but I am not going to follow with it as if this won't fix the problem I will have to get a new gearbox anyway. I am also trying to locate parts to buy to refurb the gearbox with my father. If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate it.

I heard about this gearbox having a design fault that it will break at some point. There were rumors of Audi recalling them which I am going to check. People recommend 40,000 miles oil change. Does your car history mention anything about replacing the gearbox oil?