can i turn the amber signals on via vagcom? i want to enable this if possible.

toma4avant

Reaction score
can i turn the amber signals on via vagcom? i want to enable this if possible.
Any help would be great
Thanks

You really need to be a bit more specific: which "amber signals"?

The only "amber signals" are the indicators. There's a little stalk on the left of the steering column that has been put there just for that.... and they have to flash, your car won't be road worthy if they stay on the whole time while you're driving, so even if there was an option in VCDS to do that, I'd still say "no".

AFAIK, I think the American front lights come with Amber daylight running lights, I may be wrong.

That's one of the "features" that US cars have to have de-activated (like flashing brake lights*) changed before they are UK legal.

*Indicators are only for signalling / emergencies and brake lights are only allowed to flash under extreme braking conditions, so the ECU has to be coded to pick up G-readings or Traction Control activation to allow either of these... the car should be able to perform a normal stop without any flashing from ANY brake light.... as explained to me by the nice officer who said that he could see the reason for the addition brake-light on my motorbike, but that they all brake-lights had to be UK road-legal, not just the factory-fitted ones: which is why I then read up pretty much the whole of the 1984 road act and all ammendments.... yes, I'm a real bore now on road regs :(