New clutch

cruisinbeatz

Reaction score
Hi all, seems my problems are starting already. The motor needs a new clutch as the current one is slipping in 4th and 5th. I ordered a new "fast road" clutch from the internet and it came today which but it has no springs in it. Now from my understanding it will still work but its not as I thought it should be. Anyone any ideas on weather I should send it back or fit it and what would your reason be?

p.s. the reason I bought the fast road clutch is because I normally get most of my cars remapped, and as i was replacing the clutch I thought id get the "upgraded" one while i was at it.

Does it have a dual mass fly wheel?

I think sprung clutches are only for solid flywheels

She's a dirty derv mate lol. A 130bhp. Yea standard flywheel so yea dual mass. I dunno what to do. If I fit it they won't take it back unless faulty. But I never fitted a fast road clutch before and maybe this is the way it's supposed to be?

I think it should be ok, your care will have the springs in the flywheel rather than the clutch.

I was told today that if its like others it wont have a binding point with my clutch. It looks like a normal clutch only without the springs. I have phoned the crowd I bought it from and they maintain it will be fine, but with fitting costs are costly and don't want to be fitting 2 clutches. This is the clutch incase anyone wants to know
Torque Performance Clutch Kit AUDI A4 (B6) 1.9 TDi (130)(AWX Engine) 01-04 | eBay

Anyone got any ideas?

I put a unsrung clutch in my old 1.8t was spot on no difference in the way it felt or engaged im pretty sure it was from same place too.