Volks AutosEM Tuning

Thread: Dgr coilys

2nd Gear

Status

Dgr coilys

Anyone fitted dgr coilys to there car here in the uk as have seen a few from america have done so but not mich talk on them in this country? Bought teins but had to cancel order as were for quatro and o have 2wd so now oredered some dgr ones from potn? Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks
    2004 audi a4 s line 1.8t bex 242bhp dynoed
    Mods: bsr optiflow kit, forge diverter valve, custom turbo back exhaust, custom 200 cell cat, DGR coilovers, forge tip, s3/tt 386cc injectors, boost gauge, revo stage 2, 12mm rear spacers, rear window extension spoiler
    To come: big brake setup... Getting there!!
    boats and hoesss, boats and hoesss

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    What made you change your mind on the Tein's thought you where dead keen on them?

2nd Gear

Status
    Guy from tein rang me as i asked them to before they sent them just to check fitment etc.. He said he didnt think i would get the drop i was looking for considering the spring rate was alot stiffer! Weight of car would not allow a full drop! So he said i could cancel and refunded my money nice fella really! I ordered some dgr instead which are fully adjustable with pillow ball top mounts n all sorts! Should be kool
    Mods: bsr optiflow kit, forge diverter valve, custom turbo back exhaust, custom 200 cell cat, DGR coilovers, forge tip, s3/tt 386cc injectors, boost gauge, revo stage 2, 12mm rear spacers, rear window extension spoiler

2nd Gear

Status
    Thats a shame, good of them to refund at least,

Not heard of DGR let us know what your verdict is once fitted

2nd Gear

Status
    Yer will do will put in my build thread thanks

2nd Gear

Status
    Looking forward to the updates andie still tryin to decide what to do suspension wise

2nd Gear

Status
    Coilys arrived to day thought id show a picture of what you get in the kit! Just gta fit em now will update soon...

pic hosting

free photo hosting

2nd Gear

Status
    Looking good hurry up and get them fitted and set up and let us know how they are ride wise,

how much and where did you get them from?

Oh and and you've done it again hit a dislike for one of my post further ^^ there.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Maybe he just dislikes you?

2nd Gear

Status
    Bollo x i didnt mean to, do you no what its this ipad as you scroll the page sometimes it presses buttons by accident sorry mate dislike one of my threads and we can be even lol i will get em done soon as snow is gone from my close! Ent laying on snowy wet floor, though come weekend i will probally be so in paitent and be unable to wait so probally end up with a wet back no matter what

2nd Gear

Status
    looking that way,

2nd time now think he's trying to tell me something.....

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dpbayly View Post
    Looking good hurry up and get them fitted and set up and let us know how they are ride wise,

how much and where did you get them from?

Oh and and you've done it again hit a dislike for one of my post further ^^ there.
    Got em from potn its a online performance parts store, they also do whiteline adjustable anti roll bars hhhmmmm....

2nd Gear

Status
    I wouldn't be able to wait either I'd definitely be out fitting whatever the weather

2nd Gear

Status
    Started my coilover install today of my dgr kit! 5 hours in and i have the rears on but its rubbing on the inner liner. I think this maybe due to the camber adjuster needing to be aligned and maybe cambered in at the top as to not foul the lining! Looks low on the bk must admit but am not going to adjust just yet until i get the fronts done tommorow! Then take it for an alignment!! Will update when finished but jesus was it hard work getting them in and right sooo time consuming....

5th Gear

Status
    Looking forward to seeing pictures!

2nd Gear

Status
    Looking forward to pics also well jealous

2nd Gear

Status
    Right had to remove inner linings and camber in at top to get wheels to not rub as do go reasonbly low, maybe not as low as so e of the cheap makes but thats ok for me!
    Heres the pics of rear

before:

pic upload

After:

photo sharing sites

free image hosting

photo sharing

Am getting fronts done tommorow as cant be arsed with all the time lost doing it! So will post more pics when the mechanic has done the fronts!
    what you think?

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    you can undislike now
    also what size wheels tyres etc
    im that low with no rubbing and 10mm spacers
    with a 8 an half 19" wheel and a 45 et

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    you can undislike now
    also what size wheels tyres etc
    im that low with no rubbing and 10mm spacers
    with a 8 an half 19" wheel and a 45 et
    I am runnning 18" wheels with 235/40r18 95y unsure of offset but i believe it to be 42! I am running good year eagle f1 asametrics

5x112/57-1 et42. wheel size
    Last edited by Andie0; 1st February 2013 at 17:04.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Back looks ace mate! And probably for the best if you get the garage, the fronts are more time consuming than the rears, especially that pinch bolt.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yer thats what i thought, thanks for the good replys i like to see what others think! Will post more tommorow =]

Loving the anonymity

Status

Re: Dgr coilys

If a car is low it's a winner for me haha.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    If a car is low it's a winner for me haha.
    I saw a car on raceland coliys the other day at prept @ brands hatch but that was toooo loww

2nd Gear

Status
    Looking good if anything a bit to low but hard to tell without the front done as it will balance it out more plus you can adjust as and when after its all fitted good work fella looking forward to more pics I need to get saving to do mine

2nd Gear

Status
    Looking good so far cant wait to see the finished job.

2nd Gear

Status
    Is as low as they go on back but imposdible to adjust rear springs once on just cnt get c spanner in there! Will have tp pull it all out again to go higher...

2nd Gear

Status
    Are the fronts done yet

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinepete View Post
    Are the fronts done yet
    All done just need a wheel alignment next saturday now! Will have to wait until tommorow for pics as only picked the motor up from garage at 6 this evening! Is pretty low....

2nd Gear

Status
    Aa good glad it all got done ok, looking forward to seeing this and also hearing what the ride is like

2nd Gear

Status
    Well when you set it all the way to hard then it does exactly what its supposed too, be harddd... But then the whole reason i fitted it was so i can corner at high speeds around the nurburgring so its all goodddd! Planning on doing a lot of track days in it this year so i wna make sure it can handle well as i can make it! Just need the rear arb from the rs4 thinking of buying it all this week and having a crack next weekend!

2nd Gear

Status
    Aa fair enough I could do with something in between as the mrs unfortunately drives mine regularly

2nd Gear

Status
    They are very good to be honest pete you could set them all the way soft as i did on the rears and they are as standard ride wise! But with all coilovers you have to adjust until your happy i guess

2nd Gear

Status
    Here are pics with coilys now on front and rear dropped her quite low as it is what i like! I have the coilys set to all the way to hard minus one turn and they are stiff! Ride quality is slightly bumpy as you would expect but suits my spirited driving style nicely! Just have to get the wheels aligned which i will be getting done on saturday! If you turn coilys to soft they ride very much like standard!

upload foto

online photo sharing

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    take a full side on shot.

5th Gear

Status
    Looks spot on! I cant wait to get my Wietecs on. How did you manage with the pinch bolt up front?

Will be interesting to see how these coilovers fair over time, they were fairly cheap for adjustables, compared to the Weitecs I ordered.

2nd Gear

Status
    I personally didnt do the fronts but the mechanic said it was a piece of cake real easy! But then he does this stuff day in day out!
    I did however set the height up once i recieved it! Well ive been reading on some of the american sites and no one as of yet some running for 3 years have had no problems! So fingers crossed they wnt go wrong but lifetime warranty on them anyway and they are basically an exact copy of the d2's!!

As for a side on pic here ya go

upload pic

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    looks good
    mines in today to lever the fronts

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks awesome Andie I need to get saving any trouble with speed bumps yet

3rd Gear

Status
    Nice bit of tuck
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

2nd Gear

Status
    To be honest had my first fight with a drive way today and lost by bottoming out so i think the rears are going to come up a tad, more than happy with the fronts though! The most difference is the better handling oh my gosh has the understeer got better just need that rarb now that will make it the shezzzyyyy! Overall very happy with my purchase and think it is definetly a contender up there with the more expensive makes! For 500 smackers you cant go wrong.. Trustttt meeee lol