Dgr coilys

Andie0

Reaction score
Anyone fitted dgr coilys to there car here in the uk as have seen a few from america have done so but not mich talk on them in this country? Bought teins but had to cancel order as were for quatro and o have 2wd so now oredered some dgr ones from potn? Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

What made you change your mind on the Tein's thought you where dead keen on them?

Guy from tein rang me as i asked them to before they sent them just to check fitment etc.. He said he didnt think i would get the drop i was looking for considering the spring rate was alot stiffer! Weight of car would not allow a full drop! So he said i could cancel and refunded my money nice fella really! I ordered some dgr instead which are fully adjustable with pillow ball top mounts n all sorts! Should be kool

Thats a shame, good of them to refund at least,

Not heard of DGR let us know what your verdict is once fitted

Yer will do will put in my build thread thanks

Looking forward to the updates andie still tryin to decide what to do suspension wise

Looking good hurry up and get them fitted and set up and let us know how they are ride wise,

how much and where did you get them from?

Oh and and you've done it again hit a dislike for one of my post further ^^ there.

Bollo x i didnt mean to, do you no what its this ipad as you scroll the page sometimes it presses buttons by accident sorry mate dislike one of my threads and we can be even lol i will get em done soon as snow is gone from my close! Ent laying on snowy wet floor, though come weekend i will probally be so in paitent and be unable to wait so probally end up with a wet back no matter what

Looking good hurry up and get them fitted and set up and let us know how they are ride wise,

how much and where did you get them from?

Oh and and you've done it again hit a dislike for one of my post further ^^ there.

Got em from potn its a online performance parts store, they also do whiteline adjustable anti roll bars hhhmmmm....

I wouldn't be able to wait either I'd definitely be out fitting whatever the weather

Started my coilover install today of my dgr kit! 5 hours in and i have the rears on but its rubbing on the inner liner. I think this maybe due to the camber adjuster needing to be aligned and maybe cambered in at the top as to not foul the lining! Looks low on the bk must admit but am not going to adjust just yet until i get the fronts done tommorow! Then take it for an alignment!! Will update when finished but jesus was it hard work getting them in and right sooo time consuming....

Right had to remove inner linings and camber in at top to get wheels to not rub as do go reasonbly low, maybe not as low as so e of the cheap makes but thats ok for me!
Heres the pics of rear

before:

pic upload

After:

photo sharing sites

free image hosting

photo sharing

Am getting fronts done tommorow as cant be ***** with all the time lost doing it! So will post more pics when the mechanic has done the fronts!
what you think?

you can undislike now
also what size wheels tyres etc
im that low with no rubbing and 10mm spacers
with a 8 an half 19" wheel and a 45 et

you can undislike now
also what size wheels tyres etc
im that low with no rubbing and 10mm spacers
with a 8 an half 19" wheel and a 45 et

I am runnning 18" wheels with 235/40r18 95y unsure of offset but i believe it to be 42! I am running good year eagle f1 asametrics

5x112/57-1 et42. wheel size

Last edited:
Back looks ace mate! And probably for the best if you get the garage, the fronts are more time consuming than the rears, especially that pinch bolt.

Yer thats what i thought, thanks for the good replys i like to see what others think! Will post more tommorow =]

Looking good if anything a bit to low but hard to tell without the front done as it will balance it out more plus you can adjust as and when after its all fitted good work fella looking forward to more pics I need to get saving to do mine

Is as low as they go on back but imposdible to adjust rear springs once on just cnt get c spanner in there! Will have tp pull it all out again to go higher...

Are the fronts done yet

All done just need a wheel alignment next saturday now! Will have to wait until tommorow for pics as only picked the motor up from garage at 6 this evening! Is pretty low....

Aa good glad it all got done ok, looking forward to seeing this and also hearing what the ride is like

Well when you set it all the way to hard then it does exactly what its supposed too, be harddd... But then the whole reason i fitted it was so i can corner at high speeds around the nurburgring so its all goodddd! Planning on doing a lot of track days in it this year so i wna make sure it can handle well as i can make it! Just need the rear arb from the rs4 thinking of buying it all this week and having a crack next weekend!

Aa fair enough I could do with something in between as the mrs unfortunately drives mine regularly

They are very good to be honest pete you could set them all the way soft as i did on the rears and they are as standard ride wise! But with all coilovers you have to adjust until your happy i guess

Here are pics with coilys now on front and rear dropped her quite low as it is what i like! I have the coilys set to all the way to hard minus one turn and they are stiff! Ride quality is slightly bumpy as you would expect but suits my spirited driving style nicely! Just have to get the wheels aligned which i will be getting done on saturday! If you turn coilys to soft they ride very much like standard!

upload foto

online photo sharing

take a full side on shot.

Looks spot on! I cant wait to get my Wietecs on. How did you manage with the pinch bolt up front?

Will be interesting to see how these coilovers fair over time, they were fairly cheap for adjustables, compared to the Weitecs I ordered.

I personally didnt do the fronts but the mechanic said it was a piece of cake real easy! But then he does this stuff day in day out!
I did however set the height up once i recieved it! Well ive been reading on some of the american sites and no one as of yet some running for 3 years have had no problems! So fingers crossed they wnt go wrong but lifetime warranty on them anyway and they are basically an exact copy of the d2's!!

As for a side on pic here ya go

upload pic

looks good
mines in today to lever the fronts

Looks awesome Andie I need to get saving any trouble with speed bumps yet :)

To be honest had my first fight with a drive way today and lost by bottoming out so i think the rears are going to come up a tad, more than happy with the fronts though! The most difference is the better handling oh my gosh has the understeer got better just need that rarb now that will make it the shezzzyyyy! Overall very happy with my purchase and think it is definetly a contender up there with the more expensive makes! For 500 smackers you cant go wrong.. Trustttt meeee lol