MFSW

IanFM

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Sorry to dig this up again but have done a bit of searching and can't seem to get a definitive answer.

I have managed to get my hands on a mfsw from a 2001 s3 which looks identical to the standard 4 spoke wheel on my 04 a4 apart obviously from the radio buttons (3 down each side of the air bag). Now my car has full dis and cruise so I'm fairly sure I have the correct steering wheel control module. My question is what else am I likely to need to change these over?

Cheers in advance guys!

I wouldn't be so sure that you have the correct Steering Module for MFSW, you can easily check this by undoing the 2 T8 screws securing the top cowling to the bottom, lift the top cowling and read the part number. You can do this with the steering wheel still on.

If you have the correct Steering ECU then you'll also need a new airbag harness and a slipring.

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

Sandra I had read through that previously and unfortunately its for fitting a b7 steering wheel to a b6 so wasn't sure how much would apply when fitting what I suspect is a b6 steering wheel.

Jb I read elsewhere on this forum that the highline steering wheel ecu required for cruise and dis also allowed mfsw?!?

ross tech say:

Cruise Control Retrofitting (8E) - Ross-Tech Wiki

so according to them highline is only needed for steering wheel heating - hence mid-line, if you have it, may work anyway.

the parts catalogue only list one slip ring right up to 2005

108E0953541E

cancelling ring with slip ring and steering sensor / F >> 8E-4-400 000

so that's a bit odd

will look further into it

And

Last edited: