DeCat 2.5tdi sport

robotplant

Reaction score
I have decided to knock the cat innards out of my exhaust system. I am buying a RS4 rarb, so as I will be jacking the car and partially dropping the exhausts to get the new rarb in I may as well go to work on decating whilst I'm under the car.

Not expecting any great difference in performance, would just like to know what differences members who have decated notice in how there car performs.

Not much difference but the turbo will come on boost a few hundred rpm's quicker ! Not too bad and the engine does not smoke anymore. Be careful and remove all the bits from inside, i did not at the last one i've done and the rattle on idle can do your head in !

Cheers will take care to remove all bits and pieces.

Would you know if the aero wiper blade kit from Germany is the same to fit UK right hand drive A4's? I can get the kit for half the price, just slightly concerned the arms maybe different as fitted on left hand drive cars.

Last edited:
Reply to self and anyone else interested in the aero conversion kit.:blush:

Just been told by the ebay right hand drive Aero kit supplier that the arms and blade spoilers are different. So I have emailed the German supplier to ask whether he can supply the right hand drive kit. Worth a punt if I can save 60 squid!:think:

uk arms are handed opposite - definitely - i got the pair of arms from my stealer for 67notes and a pair of blades for 21 last week.

And

I bought aero wipers from Motor Parts Direct for about £20, not the complete arm and blade kit but does the job!
regarding decat, as Adamss said, will be more responsive and I get a more pronounced turbo whistle, not loud but you can hear it working.