2004 Audi A4 Fsi Sport Bumper Grille - Help!!!

adampaine

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 2004 Audi A4 Fsi [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Sport[/FONT][/FONT] and after the wife reversed into it I lost my front bumper grille.

I am having a nightmare trying to find the right part as the 2 I have been sent through vary in size and have different clips preventing it from being installed.

Does anyone know where I can get one for it as contacted the normal internet channels but they are struggling with getting me the right size.

I have attached a photo. The latest grille I have received seems to be the right size but the silver parts in the photo where the grille would go in block it from being installed.

Thanks for any help

Adam

Attachments

• 2013-01-19 14.33.54.jpg
    2013-01-19 14.33.54.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 143
Hi Adam, welcome to audi-sport.net. Where are you located? Im sure the guys will help you with bumper info. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Sandra

I am based near Portsmouth, Hampshire.

I hope someone can help as I have been searching for ages.

Thanks

Adam

Have you not checked with audi, if you give them your vin no. they will provide the exact one thats correct for your car or are you trying to source 2nd hand or cheap as possible?

Have you not checked with audi, if you give them your vin no. they will provide the exact one thats correct for your car or are you trying to source 2nd hand or cheap as possible?

I have pinged them an email this weekend to try and find out and yes I have been trying to source the part as cheap as possible as I had a quote for £70 plus £20 shipping which seemed expensive.

My Neighbour is in the car Spare parts trade and has sourced me 2 bumper grilles so far but the first one was too small and the second one looks the right size and fit but the clips are being blocked by some metal bits in the gap preventing it going in. These grilles are coming in at £17

I think the problem I have is its the end of model and had the Sport kit put on so not so many spare parts around.

These Sport/GMBH/S Line grills are hard to get, but it sounds like you eventually got the right one but it's strange that the metal clips were blocking it, I doubt there would be any difference between the grills that fit that hole. Maybe it's a S4 grill you got? Does it have vertical and horizontal bars or just horizontal?

TBH time is money, why waste time finding something thats rather scarce when you can have it next day almost brand new, job done, sometimes its better to just buy new.

Erm, this isn't the Q7 forum ;) In the B6 forum we like our cheap used parts!

Might be better to try and source a used one cheap before throwing £90 at a grill, no?

Whats Q7 got to do with it fella, my point is, you're ******* in the wind for a part, wasting time you could spend on much better things, already 2 grills down & nowhere fast, so how many more grills, time, money do you need to spend to get what you want, sometimes you have to bite the bullet, thats just it :)