Mega mileage - still fresh as a daisy

starnon

Reaction score
Just had my 164k miler fly through it's MOT test today. The tester said that when he saw the mileage that he was expecting a long failure list but was surprised that the mechanicals were all in such great shape! These cars hold up really well and my PD engine is going strong (touch wood) even after autobahn tour through europe last year and all mechanical work including cambelt change done by myself, so they can be kept on a reasonable budget!

My 1.8 Turbo is exactly the same. Hence why they hold there value so well.

Yep, mine is 165k too (1.9tdi), so very similar. Flew through the MOT late last year. Recently it's taken a dip in economy, which im hoping I can fix but it might be wider tyres, cold weather and a slow puncture which isn't helping :D

I still love it though.

I will buy another b6 when this one dies. The b7's seem plagued with oil issues and I won't be able to afford a b8 for a while. Might even get a 1.8t next time, and it'll have to be a quattro

Plus, as I've had my b6 for longer I actually prefer it to the b7 now anyway.

I like the B7 but for the price increase over a B6, which is almost an identical car, I can't really justify it.

But in future I'll have to go bigger, I find the A4 is actually quite small in the back for an estate.

I agree with that. It's a struggle with the two little ones as it is, and when they grow bigger we will struggle more. I'm 6'3 and leg room behind me is limited. I did consider a similar age a6. I'm off to look on auto trader now. Ha

My 54 avant has done 133k I've had it since 22k nothing major ever, just the proper stuff at the proper time on servicing....it's not an estate though is it :shrug:

136k - my 2.5 passed yesterday - only advisory being the front bumper (currently held on with a few zip ties as I had an incident in the ice!)

over 270 here flies through every mot :D

159k drives brand new. In fact drives better than most of the brand new hire cars ive had. Only thing I get on mot is the engine covers, sill covers fitted.

yeah its the 1.9 tdi

I know of a taxi going about with over 450k on the clock!! thats a 1.9 tdi too and all he has done is service it every 10k

Great to hear these comments. I'm new to Audi and was concerned about trading in my car with 65k miles for a 2.0 petrol sport avant with 127k miles. I can't believe how solid and unworn the interior is, other than the load cover rubbing there are no noises from the cabin. My old car had several rattles!

I purchased mine with 120k on the clock. Just proves the point that better built cars last longer.
I was forever replacing suspension bushes/wishbones on my Fiesta - I purchased that with 40k and sold on 90k!

As far as I know not a single bush has been replaced on mine - however I will be starting to replace them gradually as soon as the weather picks up as they are starting to look abit perished.

Just bought a 1.8 turbo with 86k . Very pleased to here such good comments about reliability. Always a worry when buying second hand cars.

188K here and still makes me smile. It had its MOT in November without having a chance to check over things and it flew through with zero advisories. Best pound-for-pound car I've ever owned.

Reactions: pauldazzle
I have a 1.9tdi 130 with 164k on

serviced regularly with good parts, oil done every 6months

no problems other than suspected sticky viens

Ours is B6 q avant 1.8t s line and is a baby at 75k, the intention is to keep it a long time, just been to austria and back averaged 60 plus mph and 34mpg full of ski gear and beer on the way back........... that's why we bought it