Snow!!!

Jp-tqs

Reaction score
Found an empty car park and made use of it! Lots of handbrake action!
3ED4EA27-A3C3-4AD1-8907-6E291A46FA74-1664-000001C4500D92F0.jpg

Some amount of snow. im in the Highlands of Scotland and all ive got is a bit of dandruff lol

Looks like my car! Yeah, quattro is a bit good. Even with non winter tyres.

Well you boys can keep your snow. I hate the stuff and i aint got Quattro :(

Reactions: Greeny233
Time for us quattro owners to engage smug mode. Did some major overtaking today - 6 cars stuck spinning on a slight incline... laters! Cut 45min off my journey because I could use roads that few could access.

Paid for itself.

Smug mode engaged... On the way back from the shops a mazda could'nt make it around a small roundabout, ended up on the pavement! So i decided to hand brake and drift the roundabout, i felt like a hero. Probably looked a complete c@ck though!

quattro is simply immense in the snow, to the point where I actually get a bit embarrassed driving past all the struggling cars lol!

Damn you lot, it's the time of year when I consider selling up and buying a quattro. But as I always say each year...maybe next year i'll buy one. I'm sure they'll be cheaper in summer anyway :p

Was one of the reasons I bought the quattro because I have family in Wales but got no snow with us in Cornwall. Sad boy.

Loads of snow here, no quattro though :( Definitely going quattro for the next one..

Very jealous on the quattro drivers on here :(

In saying that I find 1.9 tdi front wheel drive A4 Excellent in the snow,

Can only imagine how good a quattro would be.

Whats the quattro like on icey roads?

Very jealous on the quattro drivers on here :(

In saying that I find 1.9 tdi front wheel drive A4 Excellent in the snow,

Can only imagine how good a quattro would be.

Whats the quattro like on icey roads?
Not too bad. I always feel confident driving round in icy/snowy weather. On summer tyres grip is fine. But braking is still as **** for me as anyone else.
Our A6 isn't too bad in the snow either. Our A3 was dreadful though.

I havent been out yet but will be having a go tomorrow as I am sure the snow will still be about.

Just spoken to my old man as well who has come from a C class to a Q3 and he said he had no problems and can't believe how much better the quattro is!

Yes indeed it was fun... only problem I had was when I parked back up on my drive, I had someone knock on my door to say my car was slipping down the drive :eek:

Got a Quattro for going to the Alp's, have to say I'd run my B6 into the ground rather than be without quattro on a newer model. Your a lucky sod for having snow though as I've just fitted a full set of conti winter tyres and I'm dying to see just how even more fantastic it will be :anbet:

Absolutely no snow in Glasgow (for a change).........

Held out for a quattro when I got mine a couple of years ago, last 2 winters have resulted in lots of smugness, especially when towing various neighbours new shiny Mercs/BMW's out of the street.......

Even more fun (and more smugness) with a set of winter tyres on, 2 years ago had to tow a Police BMW X5 that had got stuck on the hill at the end of my street, much hilarity with the plod that day!!!

Another pic of quattro smugness, all tyre tracks that can be seen are from donughts by me being an idiot!
A26ABAA6-F26C-4275-B981-26B9FF1ADF3F-1664-000001C45BC97250.jpg

Verry jealous of the Quattros my first year without awd all be it in an impreza for the last 6 years really missin awd now DOH!

Awesome, can only imagine what a quattro is like with winter tyres on.
Mine is only a fwd but it does have Michelin alpins on the front and Dunlop winter sport on the rears, and that was mighty good on the compacted snow and ice this evening.
The traction control is well impressive, standing start and braking I knew about, but what is the one that sorts out a slide on a roundabout? Never knew it was on there but it really worked well, just a little flash of the light on the dash, a correction, and I'm back on the right track again.
so cool, I found some quiet 90*s on the trading estate and had a play. It must grab one wheel at a time, very clever.
best to learn these things at a slow pace than at breakneck speed.

did the perfect drift into our street tonight drifted my quattro cab right then drifted left into the driveway good job the neighbours where still out ... quattro's rock in this weather

Quattro on winter tyres is immense ! I been driving all day a 1.8T quattro sport on Nokian wintrak tyres with the ABS fuse pulled off and its unbelievable grippy !

Be careful out there guys. I am learning first hand the consequences of when things go wrong.
Went for a drive into north wales last night where there were 5ft snow drifts onto the country roads. (ill upload a picture later)
Got stuck a few times as the car ground out on the snow, besides that the car performed well and ate through the snow.
Just as I was about to get home I pulled into a local industrial estate for some fun, spent 5 minutes there, as I was pulling out the car went into a 4- wheel slide, tried applying power to pull me out but ended up sliding into a high kerb sideways at 5mph.
I'm currently sat in Awesome Gti awaiting the verdict structurally, may have just knocked thing out of line if im lucky but im expecting to have to buy new parts.
Besides the mechanics my front votex bumper was ripped off and wrecked - currently held on with cable ties.

I love snow! Too dangerous if u ain't got experience and a quattro

Yeh even if you have a quattro - you just have to respect the unpridictable conditions.

Hope you dont have too much damage.

I specifically bought a Quattro so I wouldn't have any problems getting home from Scotland to North Wales in the snow, I have owned the car for over 12 months and it hasn't seen a flake of snow yet :eek:(

Drive further lol you need some snow in your life to test the quattro make use of the badge ....:thrashi:
I specifically bought a Quattro so I wouldn't have any problems getting home from Scotland to North Wales in the snow, I have owned the car for over 12 months and it hasn't seen a flake of snow yet :eek:(

Well - I've been lucky.

Awesome took a good look over the car - nothing bent structurally, all suspension arms ok.
Only issue they found is that the rear nearside wheel is slightly buckled, the 4-wheel alignment went ok and everything is within tolerance.
Car also passed its MOT with the only advisory being the front bumper.

Just need to get hold of some lower votex grilles and book a visit to a body-shop when the weather starts getting better.

Here is a picture of the snow drift - completely engulfed the other side of the road - this is usually a wide 2-way road - it was like this for about 2 miles.

2013-01-19004348Custom.jpg

Mental pic alex, good that your car has only minor scars! Buckled wheel? Good excuse for a new set of alloys eh?!

Mental pic alex, good that your car has only minor scars! Buckled wheel? Good excuse for a new set of alloys eh?!

I wish :idea:
Maybe once the weather starts getting better and the rest of the bodyworks been sorted.
I know the second I change the wheels I will want coilovers... lol

Did the same as you alex except mine manage to power out and just escaped. gotta respect the conditions. Other than that i cant believe how much confidence this system inspires. one word BEAST!!!!