What cat to get on friday??

Andie0

Reaction score
Hi im having my custom exhaust done this friday and just wondered what cat will be ok for my car! I no a 100 cell will flow better than a 200 cell but will they both pass the mot as i dont want to put 100 cell on there if it doesnt go througn emissions has anybody any knowledge on this matter?

Had my 200 cell high flow cat from Blueflame performance on for 3 years now and never failed an mot it's been spot on, no info on 100 cell so can't help there

So 200 cell would be the logical choice for me as i want it to pass mot everytime! Ive read people have had 100 cell cats and have failed mot with them so not going to go for that, cant wait to get it on now does it make much of a difference once fitted? Will be a full turo back system..

Can't say on the audi but I took 2 cats off my impreza and that was the most noticeable mod I've ever done big difference so it should be noticeable on the audi especially with a map to suit

Yer im just awaiting a evolution race werks tip also and then im going to get the car mapped to suit modifications! Should be kool

You will be able to go to stage 2 and it will sound good, mine does :). With a good map and the mods it will be a massive difference to how it is now. I'm considering a front mount now and then getting my map tweaked to make use of it

Got the exhaust done today all went well must give a shout for sts trye pros in bromley common, kent. Done a really good job the fella who done it there (royston) knows his stuff and gave me plenty of choice a options i went for the 4" slash cut tips just as the blueflame or miltek would come! All in 2.5 " stainless up to the cat where it goes up to 3"! No cel light as of yet but im sure it wont be far round the corner once ive had the car mapped! Heres a pic of the finished product more to come when the snow fecks off...

host images

what you guys think???

Frickin hell does this exhaust make a difference first time ive had a chance to properly test it today could be a good in rease in hp as certainly feels much more quick and responsive chuffed = )

Sounds decent mate not too loud crusing but then when you open the throttle it is loudd... But i think it sounds decent not to whiny either!! Not bad for the dough... I will get a video for ya soon and post it up

Hi just thought id post a lil video of my exhaust on start up, after id already moved it 2 inches as i park it up against my van to stop any break ins! Is a cold start so a little condensation being burnt off!

View My Video