Air con switch

Biddy

Reaction score
Hi all were is air con switch on a4 2002

Think he is meaning how to turn on the Air Con as on a lot of cars you have an A/C button to turn the A/C on or off.

In the A4 with the climate control the A/C is on all the time depending on what temp you have the cabin set to. For example if you set your temp to 18 and the cabin is 21 when it will put the air con on to cool the cabin down to the desired temperature. To turn off A/C so i doesn't come on with the climate control press the ECON button, that will turn the A/C compressor off

Thats exactly wat i was asking thanks mate

Think he is meaning how to turn on the Air Con as on a lot of cars you have an A/C button to turn the A/C on or off.

In the A4 with the climate control the A/C is on all the time depending on what temp you have the cabin set to. For example if you set your temp to 18 and the cabin is 21 when it will put the air con on to cool the cabin down to the desired temperature. To turn off A/C so i doesn't come on with the climate control press the ECON button, that will turn the A/C compressor off

What does the econ button actually do?
I never really bother messing with it, but from what I remember you can press the econ button and still set the temp to 20 degrees or what ever.

If you turn Econ on (ie so it lights up) it then turns the compressor off, so the air con won't work. So if you get into a hot car and set it to 18c the fan will blow ambient air not cooled air.

If you turn Econ on (ie so it lights up) it then turns the compressor off, so the air con won't work. So if you get into a hot car and set it to 18c the fan will blow ambient air not cooled air.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but that has answered a question i was going to ask, cheers.