Tow Bar for Quattro Saloon

joegraham

Reaction score
Hi

Im new here, owned my A4 since October '12 and love it!

Im looking to fit a tow bar to the car as I like to do abit of mountain biking and have a bike rack that fits on a tow bar.

What makes of towbar should I look out for, as im not to keen using a cheap ebay one!

I would also like a detachable one if possible.

How hard are they to fit? I understand they require coding to the car, is that right?

Last question, are the ones for the quattros different due to rear diff, twin exhaust etc?

Thanks

Joe :)

Hi mate I have a spare tow bar if ur interested in making me an offer

Got any more info on the tow bar? Make? Is it detachable?

Will it fit a quattro saloon?

I have a Tow Trust swan neck removable tow bar on my Quattro Avant, I got it from Toys4cars via eBay for £167 and the quality and fit is excellent.
When wiring the the electrics in you will require a smart box which fits inline between the car and the tow bar plug to stop any bulb out warning lights and to make sure all the lights on your rack work.
The listing for mine said it would fit all models except RS4 (even though there is no B6 RS4).
I will say on my Avant it did take a full day to fit and in hindsight I would rather pay someone to do it and save the hassle.

Greeny233 thanks for that! Just what I was looking for to clear up a few questions :) . I had actually seen that towbar on ebay and thought it looked good.
Does the smart box eliminate the need for coding?
I dont mind spending a day fitting it :) .

Yeah no need for coding, the smart box tricks the car into thinking there is no extra electrics (resistant's) so no warning lights. I got a cheap smart box from eBay but it packed up after about 2 months so I got a Ring one from my local motor factor and its been in for a year now and no problems.

mine was about £400, but completely hidden and detachable Westfalia (same as OEM) and included fitting.