What grade of oil????????????????

5w 30. I use Halfords oil as I've got a trade card. And in all honesty I find it suits the engine in my AVJ. (Remapped) I tend to change the oil and filter in mine every 5000 miles ..

5w30 is thinner than the other. It's to do with viscosity when cold and hot or something like that.

If you wait a bit longer 30% off promotion is bound to come back to Eurocarparts.

Try out the Shell Helix Ultra

Castrol edge 5w40 fully synthetic fst. i have same motor as yours bex engine 190 version! It comes in 4 litre can which fills the motor up perfectly!

If your going for long life services make sure the oil meets VW507.00 if fixed I think its VW504.00. Should list the correct grades in the handbook.

I have used Millers oils 5w40 fully synthetic in both of our last 1.8t engined cars, neither car used any oil between chnages, i think that 5w30 is touch thin especially with a higher mileage engine, the first figure refers to it's viscosity when cold and the second when the oil is hot, so for cold weather a 5 oil will better than say a 15 or 20 oil. Back in the day a lot of engines used 20w50 which is like treacle in comparison.

Ian