B6 to B7 conversion?

Red_Stafford

Reaction score
Hi guys excuse my ignorance but I have seen some amazing B6 to B7 conversions but I was wondering why people went to so much trouble to do this conversion instead of just trading there B6 in for a B7 and spending the money on the B7?

Because they can!

What might make sense to someone else might be ridiculous to you or I, that's the nature of modifying cars! Typically people say things like they prefer the rear of the B6, or they want to keep their specific car as they know and trust it.

Because when people who know the cars look at it and go "nice! a B6 with a B7 front end" they wouldn't look at at a B7 and say "wow a standard B7" if you get my drift.

Because when people who know the cars look at it and go "nice! a B6 with a B7 front end" they wouldn't look at at a B7 and say "wow a standard B7" if you get my drift.

Yea I understand that but if you spent some money and time on the B7 they would, I'm not knocking anyone I was just wondering if there was a reason such as the B6 chassis is better than the B7 or something like that

Out of curiosity how much does this type of conversion cost?

I can see the pride in creating something a little different and in this exact case I personally don't like the lights on the **** end of the B7 so a B6 with a B7 front end is almost the best of both worlds I suppose. However looks like a whole lot of effort for something that you won't ever get your money back from if you sell it modified.

Each to their own. If we all drove identical standard cars the roads would be a duller place.

I saw a C5 RS6 Avant the other day (my favourite Audi) but it had a deep 'bumper magnet' grill on the front. Still trying to work out how they managed it. It looked standard so no nasty Hoelfglfele kits..

I wanted to do this to my b6- managed to pick up most of the parts over a period of time..think only things left to go we're the wings then lost interest and parts have sat in garden since lol a lot of time and effort is required but looks good in end just not sure it's for me anymore

I wanted to do this to my b6- managed to pick up most of the parts over a period of time..think only things left to go we're the wings then lost interest and parts have sat in garden since lol a lot of time and effort is required but looks good in end just not sure it's for me anymore

What parts you got and are you looking to sell