1.9 tdi warning light???

Ollie-B

Rockin' Shnit
Reaction score
Right, occassionaly from cold or on a long journey i get a warning light on the dash, in my experience i would say its a back brake warning light basicaly this (O) haha getting technical here

Car has no brake lights out and has recently had new back pads fitted, now i seem to think i have read somewere this is a fault from audi and if i go to them they will fit a relay of some sort to stop this, is this correct? If so where does this relay go as there is no way im paying audi 7million sterlings to fit a relay. This light clearly isnt a problem causer its just annoying cruising down the a1 and hearing a beep then this appearing on the dash (O) or starting from cold and its pops up right away. Normaly ignition off and on again and it goes but sometimes it stays.

Is it orange? Typically shows up when brake fluid is low, or the front pads are low. It can come up if there's a sensor issue on either part too. There is no wear sensor on the rear pads.

Aye there is a similar light that says brake im the middle of the circle, i will take a pic tomorrow so you can see which one it is

this one
images

Or is it a big red one that fills the DIS

brake pads sounds like you have a loose wire or they are close to been replaced

Its only on the front

Not sure if the orange one is for fluid too but easy to check your fluid

ps the top right is hand brake!

I know thats what i said haha thanks mate i will check me front pads at the weekend and al check me fluid tomorrow. Just find it strange how it comes on when cold but if i start it warm it dusnt come on. Also if i hold the check button everything comes back 'ok' even if the light is on, had me mac tools obd scanner on it tonight aswel and no faults are logged

Thats definately a front brake pad worn indicator. If the brake fluid drops too low, it puts the big red warning light up in the whole DIS display.

Thats definately a front brake pad worn indicator. If the brake fluid drops too low, it puts the big red warning light up in the whole DIS display.

Correct re the brake fluid light being red, I was wrong saying it was orange.

My car does the exact same as yours Ollie, has done for ages, same as you I turn off and on again to clear. I have new discs and pads all round. Pad wear wires all seem ok. Be interesting to hear if you find a fix. My ABS seems very sensitive, cuts in at the slightest thing.