done this today and was blown away with the results - massive performace increase. im not saying this is how it should be done but this is how i done it, make sure your engine is cold first of all.
1) remove air box - remove air duct pipe, loosen jubilee clip to rubber hose, unplug air flow meter, remove bung that attaches top of airbox to wing, pull air box out the way (no pic)
2) remove 2x 12mm (m8) nuts holding bottom half of egr pipe to exhaust manifold (no pic but cant miss them)
3) loosen jubilee clip to rubber hose on rear of egr and remove 2x vaccum pipes from egr (no pic but cant miss them)
4) remove 6x 6mm allen head bolts from bottom of inlet manifold and pull manifold towards you being carful not to damage tin gasket to egr pipe or inlet manifold and be left with this;
5) take your rubber hose
6) insert here
7) make sure it goes down (not hard to do you can see and feel it go down, see above pics to see how far mine went in
8) next i swapped the top of the can for another that i could use an extension straw with
9) the foam oven cleaner doesnt flow cleanly through the straw so what i had to do was tape the straw firmly to the rubber tube to force the foam into the turbo or this happens
10) squirt in your oven cleaner until you see this (just peeping out of the top and not filling the manifold as you dont want this near you valves but it shouldnt cause no trouble)
11) now i removed egr from manifold and started cleaning my manifold and egr to give it time to work (checked it half way through cleaning them and couldnt see any foam so gave it a top up and worked the actuator a little bit)
12) use a screwdriver or hard wire brush to scrape off as much carbon from the inside of the manifold as possible and shake it out then fill the manifold with petrol to loosen the carbon (should be left to soak and you dont have to use petrol it was all i had to hand, carb cleaner or anything similar will do) then once soaked for a while empty manifold of fuel and get back amongst it with your cleaning tool, repeat once more (you just want the manifold as clean as possible)
13) my egr wasnt so bad just had to clean the underside plunger a little bit
14) by the time you have cleaned your manifold the foam will have done its work
15) refit everything (shouldnt need to explain)
16) start engine - smokey exhast - hold revs about 2k for a few seconds until idles settles - take it for a good blast - DONE
i may have missed some points and will corect any errors i may have typed whe i read it back through, this worked wonders for me and hope it helps others too
wish i had taken more pics but when i get busy i just crack on and forget
you may also notice is some of the pics my inlet still attached when squirting the foam into turbo that is because i removed everything the long way with it being the first time ive done this (egr pipe first to get foam in then i decided to just take the inlet off and do that aswel) BUT i put it all back together as one unit so that is how i wrote the guide to take it off as one to cut the stripping time in half and its much easyer!
the guide looks long but it is a very very simple fix in terms of stripping and cleaning compared to some other jobs!
any questions just ask and i will answer as soon as i see the post