Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ollie-B

Thread: turbo problem 1.9tdi

Rockin' Shnit

Status

turbo problem 1.9tdi

Last night when ferrying the boys about cruising along in 5th. Power dies, no turbo, ignition off and on, turbo! Happens again in a few more miles, same thing. Is this the sticky vanes problem? This happend when i first bought the car in 4th, seems to be when under load (car full, taking hill in too high a gear). I think this is the problem and am going to clean it today, but just wanted to check
    blacksmoke remap, 18" alloys, coilovers, heko wind deflectors, c/coded door blades, DIS, Cruise, votex front grille
    TO DO: fit my votex front valance (in the shed), c/code the rest of the lowers, sport interior

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Same as mine was mate and yes code was over boost condition due to stuck vines but with 110.000 on clock I didn't clean it I just reckoned it sweet as now remapped it last week

Rockin' Shnit

Status
    Mines got 111 on clock to mate, litetaly on doing it now, taking as many pics as poss for others
    Ketty_86 likes this.
    blacksmoke remap, 18" alloys, coilovers, heko wind deflectors, c/coded door blades, DIS, Cruise, votex front grille
    TO DO: fit my votex front valance (in the shed), c/code the rest of the lowers, sport interior

2nd Gear

Status
    Is it noisy tho mate mine had a slight siren noise to it so went for refurb ready for remap

1st Gear

Status
    Hi mate will look forward to pics as I would like to clean mine.

Rockin' Shnit

Status
    Finished and what a difference! I will make a thread after me sunday dinner the day with the pics ive took haha i thought it would make a bit of a difference but not as much as it did im astounded! While i was on i took the egr and inlet off and cleaned them too as they were thick and i mean thick of carbon! I cant stress enought how blown away i am with the result of this! Huge performance boost!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie-B View Post
    Finished and what a difference! I will make a thread after me sunday dinner the day with the pics ive took haha i thought it would make a bit of a difference but not as much as it did im astounded! While i was on i took the egr and inlet off and cleaned them too as they were thick and i mean thick of carbon! I cant stress enought how blown away i am with the result of this! Huge performance boost!
    Good to hhear mine has 164k and never been done
    so if you make a guide il sure to follow it and get the turbo, egr and inlet done this week

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie-B View Post
    Good to hhear mine has 164k and never been done
    so if you make a guide il sure to follow it and get the turbo, egr and inlet done this week

5th Gear

Status
    There is already a guide for the b5 which is pretty much the same but it lack pictures of the B6

If you go through the egr outlet I think its harder

The way I did it was remove the exhaust from the turbo move it out the way remove the exhaust gasket and cover the exhaust port with a piece of cardboard with the exhaust studs sticking through the card put the gasket back on then put a couple of larger bolts over the studs then put the OE bolts on and tighten up

pierce a hole in the card insert a piece of pipe through the turbo vanes then fill it up with Mr muscle and jobs a good un

Rockin' Shnit

Status
    Aye thers probly a few ways to to it, new thread is up now the way i did it