Unknown cable under seats

VagCabby

Reaction score
Hello, i fitted the full lighting pack to my car about 8 months ago apart from the rear footwell lights. I have now decided i want to fit them and when looking under my front seats to see where to mount them i found this........
IMAG0290-3.jpg

Is this a cable for the rear footwell lights or for something else? its abit weird as the wiring for the front footwell light wasnt there and i made my own loom for it but this cable has the same plug as the front footwell lights have. I have tried plugging one of my lights into the cable and locked and unlocked the car but nothing happens. If this is for the footwell light does anyone know the coding for VCDS so i can try that....

Thanks in advance
Jamie

Could it possibly be for heated seats?

Could it possibly be for heated seats?
not sure, i don't have heated seats in the car. Would be nice if it was and i just need to get a new climate panel for heated seats :) it just seems its cable tied in exactly the place where the rear footwell light would go.

Nope that's defiantly the rear footwell light plug same colour wires and plug as what's plugged into my light

Nope that's defiantly the rear footwell light plug same colour wires and plug as what's plugged into my light
Ah thats good to know! strange that it has the wiring for the rear footwell lights but didnt have the wiring for the fronts! Anyone know the coding for the rear footwell lights? may have to check the wire actually runs to the module! as i said i plugged a footwell light into it and it did nothing.

Ah thats good to know! strange that it has the wiring for the rear footwell lights but didnt have the wiring for the fronts! Anyone know the coding for the rear footwell lights? may have to check the wire actually runs to the module! as i said i plugged a footwell light into it and it did nothing.
Good afternoon, i an in exactly the same situation as you were, did you figure it out?

Nope never figured it out, plugged my from foot well light into it and nothing happens, unless it needs to be switched on with VCDS