Wheel spacer help/purchace needed ASAP!

Dogtown22

Reaction score
Just ordered the kit to lower my a4 sport 20mm at rear 30mm at front (40 50mm kit) I've got 18'' Fat Five alloys, ET45, looking for spacers to make them sit in the arches luuurrrvly, will 15mm be ok for the job?? Any suppliers out there also???

Sorry James, just wanted to be double sure before I made the final order. It's done now so everything crossed!

I've ordered a 40 50mm eibach lowering kit, 15mm spacers that will give me a offset of 30, and 4 235 40 18 tyres for my fat five rims

Take it the spacers come with longer bolts, and the correct head on them?

:icon_thumright:

Yes they're the ones, I went for 15mm all round tho as is not good having the rear wider than the front on fwd cars

I might be wrong, as I know very little about wheels bolts, but according to that auction is says the 60 degree tapered ones are for aftermarket wheels. Surely your fat 5's are oem as they are standard audi a8 wheels? Just fitted to a different car.

Thanks for the links.

Crazy that's a ****** good point! I know jack about them either, hopefully someone will be along in a mo to fill us in???

As Crazy says, factory wheels have radius head bolts, aftermarket wheels tend to have tapered head bolts.

On the spacers, I always get decent quality (H&R Trak+).... that's unsprung weight, so you want a decently light alloy and obviously you want good quality so you don't damage your hubs / wheels / your wheels fall off :)

I've got 15mm spacers on my Winter wheels (ET45), but they're only 7j (standard Sport "Trapeze" alloys), 215/55/16 tyres and that's standard Sport suspension.... they're tight, but nowhere near scraping...