Internal Fan Blower Problem (demist/windscreen mode) - HELP

Trigstar

Reaction score
Evening All,

I have developed an issue with my Audi A4 2003. Basically the internal blower is working fine and heating up etc etc. However, when press the button to direct the blower onto the windscreen (either by the windscreen demist mode or just the 'up' position) it fails to engage.

I can hear the blower whistling but it seems to be getting stuck between coming out into your face and windscreen.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what is the cause. I assume it must be something to do with the motor maybe?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

A flap motor has jammed.
I think there is a how to on here.
You can remove the motor a lightly grease the worm gear drive the reset the motor with vagcom using basic settings.

Thanks for your help...

Any idea where the solution is at all?

Regards

I have this
have u got a c d changer in glove box
if so remove look in hole and mess with the control panel
that moves the flaps , right at the back on right hand side . Green thing
need to help it move down to blow on to front window
Ok
may help

This is great help from all - really appreciate it.

Cheers

After a bit of tinkering and testing I have found disconnecting the power plug to the middle motor and reapplying it get's it operating again. But mine decided to jam for a second time, was not impressed!. I decided to disconnect the power to the motor leaving the windscreen vent permanently open. The only difference being you do not get 100% when you put the heat to just the footwell. If it means being able to demist my windscreen in icy weather then all is well.

I would be interested to know if this has any implications to the computer side of things by not having the middle motor connected?

Thanks .....

No, it won't make a difference to the system with one unplugged. In addition to the internals of the motor seizing (very easy to take apart and grease - I used vaseline - the internals use the little motors I used to use at school to make moving models!) it appears, in my case at least, that the green plastic arms linking the motor with the demister vent rub together and increase the friction level over time so need to be greased too.

Thanks Benjie,

I was looking at taking it apart and investigating, thinking it must be able to be greased or something but was not sure if the green arm will come off ok. I could see the little release clips that separate the body of the motor housing so it is split in two, but whilst it is fitted in situ I did not want to try encase I break the link arms ( green arms).

I would be very grateful to know how you disconnect the green link arm?

Much appreciated

Thanks

No, it won't make a difference to the system with one unplugged. In addition to the internals of the motor seizing (very easy to take apart and grease - I used vaseline - the internals use the little motors I used to use at school to make moving models!) it appears, in my case at least, that the green plastic arms linking the motor with the demister vent rub together and increase the friction level over time so need to be greased too.

mine stuck and I have opened it by wiggling the link so I can be sure of having demist in this damp weather.It doesn't seem too be a big problem and the car warms up inside although that may not be the case if it turns really cold.I have heard that the servo may have been revised to stop this happening so might get a new one to avoid sudden loss of screen demist again.Really should be more reliable Audi wifes old Bora climate still works perfectly