Got an MPG app....

Jp-tqs

Reaction score
For the last month ive been been using a mpg app on my 190 quattro. Thourght id show my results for the hell of it!
FD1BF9E0-B7B9-41BD-83E9-0C19E058B7B7-722-000000CB84AEC16E.jpg

Results as expected really

What app is it mate, wouldn't mind giving it a go! :)

Mid 30's!!! what the hell ya doing!

heres my previous ones

click to enlarge

Nice to see I'm not the only 1.9tdi driver getting mid 30's!

Yes I'd say it's doing about 38 at the moment, but I leave my car running for a good few mins before I head off these cold mornings,

I'd say the car is capable of doing 45 but I'd imagine you wouldn't be crossing 55 mph to achieve that?

I had a mk5 golf before my god was it light on fuel, but not as nice a car to drive though.

I think I read somewhere that the climate control knocks a good mpg's off :think:

I can do 70 all day long in mine and get 48 - 50!!

I'm getting 44 in 8 miles of flowing traffic at 30 - 40 with some stop start

App i use is called 'mpg calculator free'. Its a freebie if you havnt worked it out! Had to download a few too find a good one though.
Mid 30's in a 1.9 tdi! Excellent!

I can do 70 all day long in mine and get 48 - 50!!

I'm getting 44 in 8 miles of flowing traffic at 30 - 40 with some stop start[/QUO

Have you the AWX engine? and do mostly motorway miles?

I mostly drive very bad roads, and spent a lot of time accelerating from 70 mph, dropping down to 40 / 50 mph for bad corners and accelerating back up to 70 again mostly in 6th gear maybe I'm labouring my engine to much and should nearly keep the car in 5th gear most of the time :sadlike:

Stu, I have no idea :( It's just suddenly dropped recently and I'm not sure why. I know that the cold makes it worse, coupled with getting some 235 tyres won't help, but I used to get mid 40's quite easily.

Ideas?

App i use is called 'mpg calculator free'. Its a freebie if you havnt worked it out! Had to download a few too find a good one though.
Mid 30's in a 1.9 tdi! Excellent!

Should have gone for a 1.8T 190 bhp quattro A4 instead much the same mpg when you think about it,

I can only imagine the performance of the 190 Horses :jump:

Stu, I have no idea :( It's just suddenly dropped recently and I'm not sure why. I know that the cold makes it worse, coupled with getting some 235 tyres won't help, but I used to get mid 40's quite easily.

Ideas?

225 tyres on mine,

maybe Stu is running 16" wheels?

Should have gone for a 1.8T 190 bhp quattro A4 instead much the same mpg when you think about it,

I can only imagine the performance of the 190 Horses :jump:
cheaper to fill up too! Think you probably have a slightly heavy right foot my friend!

As soon as you come off the motorway the tdi mpg drops massively.

yeah mine are 17's with the standard 205's

but even so I never drop below 42 mpg no matter how I drive

although the missus gets less mpg then me usually by about 2 and she drives like miss daisy!

normal driving I'm never on a motorway or at national speed limit and still get anywhere from 44 - 50! when I hit national speed limits this increases still

Anyone got a decent Android one?

I use gas record it works really well just remember to alter the settings otherwise it will show us gallons not uk

Reactions: Funkyfin2000
It's definitely an odd one. And I've thought the same thing too about maybe I should have bought a 190 1.8t with the current mpg I'm getting.

To be fair it is having a fair few shorter journeys recently. Maybe it needs a good old rag to get bring her back to life? :)

one thing for sure is the cold does not help at all during the summer months the missus will get 48 to and from work in winter its 42 ish

If you really want to check anything I would look at the MAF and coolant sensors and the stat make sure it warms up properly

Crazy, mine recently dropped from mid 40s to mid 30s.
I think it's due a filter change and water drain. See if that makes any difference.
Service next month I think, it's coming up to 150k, that should help.

Nice apps.
I'm off to take a look.