Confused Please Help!

Jamie1985

Reaction score
I have just replaced my alternator (2.5 v6) what a nightmare, finally put car back together and runs fine but central locking doesnt work at all,

Car locks and unlocks with door lock,

Is this because i had the battery disconnected for 2 days (had to wait for right alternator to be delivered)

How do i go about making it work again?

Also done a service whilst changing alternator, Only problem is now how do i delete the word "service" from dash display?

Regards

Jamie

there should be a resyncing procedure in your manual but from memory it goes something like this -

turn the ignition on
hold in the lock button on the keyfob
turn ignition off
close door and press lock on the key

could be right, could be wrong but only going from memory and reading similar posts .. re the service, again it should tell you in your manual but if you do a google search for "b6 service reset" or something similar you should find results.

Reactions: Jamie1985
its because you have had the battery off

insert the key turn the ignition on dont start it press lock then unlock on the fob and all should work

to remove the service press and hold the service button (spanner) then turn on the ignition then hit the 00 next to the service button and it will reset it...it will take a few days before it starts counting down again

your one touch windows will have stopped too you need to press and hold the button down and keep it down for a few seconds after the window has dropped then back up again and hold the button up for a few seconds then they should work fine

Reactions: Jamie1985
Brilliant help guys much appreciated, didnt realise windows wouldnt work, all sorted now, untill something else pops up!