Cabriolet window switch

pbarlow0032

Reaction score
Hi all, another day, another problem!
noticed today that the switch for the rear passenger window doesn't seem to do anything when pressed. On a cabriolet you have a bank of 5 switches on the driver door; driver window, from passenger window, rear driver side window, rear passenger side window, and then "all". The "all" button makes the window go up and down, so I'm happy that the window motor etc works, it's just the specific button for that window doesn't seem to work.

can anyone suggest a fix please?

cheers
Paul

Could it be a bad or non exitant connection under the switch?
Does the switch light up?

Paul you need to get some electrical contact cleaner, the aerosol type with the small straw. I found the only way that worked on mine was to remove the window switches from the door, dead easy there's a tiny hole under the door handle , you poke a small screwdriver in the hole and the window switches just push out. Then disconnect the wiring so the switch unit is removed. Then spray the contact cleaner in all the holes you can whilst working the switches,I think I un-clipped the tabs on the switch unit to split it down some more but I had several buttons not working. Make sure you get plenty of cleaner in there to properly clean the switch contacts, should turn out good as new. Robbie.