Right crunch time so please help (tyres)

Dogtown22

Reaction score
Sorry to post this in a new thread but I want to get it absolutly right before I take the plunge.

I have 18 Ronal Fat Five alloys on my B6 T-Sport.

I will be adding 225 40 18 Toyo proxy T1's.

The alloys are ET45, 8.5J

Will 15mm spacers be ideal?

I've been told that I could go 20mm rear and 15mm on the front but I've read that on FWD cars having the rear wheels sticking out futher than the front is a bad thing. I dont know wheather 20mm would be pushing it abit and upset the drive/handling of the car...

GO!

Very heavy car for Toyos.
Falken 452's might be better suited.

Why's that tho James? Is it just because Audi use 235?? The difference is around £30 a tyre just to put an extra 1cm of rubber on the road at each corner.

Because they're cheaper

I agree, i'm just to anal and would spend my life trying to work out what speed i was doing, allowing 10% fior speedo and 5% for tyres etc etc

300-ish for 4 18" tyres from a reputable manufacturer is excellent

And

My maxxis worked out around 12 quid a corner to make the car look fat compared to 225.... The other thing is they protect your rims so much better..... Don't worry about the cost just do the job right the first time....mine instantly felt better to drive with the 235 it could get the power down so much better the 225 was a night mare for wheelspin.... It felt more positive in bends etc