Colours

pbarlow0032

Reaction score
Hi all,
can anyone point me to how I can find out the colour of my car, and the interior leather colour please? Is there a colour code anywhere in the car for the steroid paint colour?

Does anyone have a PDF of the B6 brochure so I can try and work out what the original leather colour was? My car is an 03 cabriolet, and the leather's in serious need of TLC. I'm debating getting a kit made up to try and colour in the faded parts, but alternatively may look to do it another colour. I'd just like to know exactly what the colour was like fresh out of the factory (I would say its kind of a milky coffee colour) but as it has 100k on the clock, not sure what it should really be like!

alternative may be to change it to the silver colour from the S5, but not sure if the plastic trim on the seats (seat sides, tilt forward button etc) can be recoloured? Has anyone managed to do this?

Normally the engine code paint code and all the options you have on the car are in the spare wheel well/rear panel. If you have all the books there should be a sticker in the front of the owners manual with the same info.

As mentioned, the data sticker should contain all you know. I think I've uploaded colour charts to here before, and there's a brochure pdf somewhere too. Maybe in the FAQ sticky. I'll have a look tomorrow when I'm on the PC.

Thanks all - Sandra I checked that link before when searching, but it only covers saloon and avant, and doesn't have any of the colour swatches (if that's the right word?!).

Thanks quattrojames, if you could post up the link that would be great. I'll get the info off the data sticker, I think it is in the front cover of my service book now that you mention it! I guess i can then search for the code online? Is it worth ringing audi UK to find out the name of the original leather colour?

Sorry the link didnt help. Im sure James will sort you out when he is on his laptop. :) x

Thanks for the help everyone, starting to piece it together! That link to the options was great, but doesn't show colours (interesting though!!!).

Found the following link Volkswagen Audi Colour Codes which has my exterior colour LZ5J as Moro Blue, which sounds right. Just trying to see if I can find a link to interior colours now.

Also found this link 2006 Audi A4 Colors - MSN Autos which suggests that if I have Moro Blue paint, I can only have Beige or Platinum leather. Just need to work out which now....

UPDATE.. After a bit more digging on a Turkish! car parts database, it looks like I have Anis Yellow. Anyone else on here with a cabriolet with that colour leather? Makes sense as I wouldn't say it was beige. I think Anis Yellow is fairly rare?

I would still appreciate that info Quattrojames if you can find it please, just so I can 100% confirm?

Last edited:
Exactly the same as mine lol, moro blue with aniseed yellow, heres a pic of my interior to compare,

3209295 6

Rudedaubin - you beauty :) that's exactly it! It's nice to see a picture of another one as I was beginning to wonder if something odd had happened to mine, what with the black seat buttons on a beige plastic, then with the leather a different colour again! Only difference is that mine has black trim instead of the wood. I really like it as a colour combo, having had a black/black and an Avis/black& silver previously.
What state is your leather in? Have you done anything special to look after it? Also, what state is the plastic trim on the seat in? There's quite a few chips out of mine :-(
i'll try and get some pictures if I can ever get the roof down long enough to take any.....

Reactions: Rudedaubin
I can't find the link I'm thinking of, someone on here has uploaded a pdf scan of the brochure I'm sure. Maybe Woorlord?

I have a proper brochure upstairs but it doesn't cover the cab, will have a look later.

Thanks quattrojames, but don't go to any extra effort for me (especially on NYE, grab a beer instead!). I think I've cracked it, and it looks like rudedaubin has confirmed it, so again thank you for all your help. It's amazing what you can find out through this forum!

My leather is in pretty good nick to be fair pal, I clean it every so often using a damp sponge with soapy water and then meguiars leather cleaner. the drivers bolsters are showing a bit of wear but the rest is really good, the back seats in particular are mint. I've got some chipping though on the airbag covers,I think it's from the seat belt buckle getting trapped when the seats go back, it's not reallty bothered me but if I could find some repair paint for it I'd definately use it. The interior really sold the car to me when I first viewed it, I think the yellow seats with the dark blue paint looks classy. I even like the wood, be interesting to see yours with the black inserts though.

I did look in my brochure out of curiousity, but it doesn't include the cab so is totally different.

I've only just bought mine, with the intention of trying to get it in the shape I would like it to be! I got some gliptone liquid leather cleaner and conditioner, but i'm going to get to furniture clinic for one of their respray kits as i have heavy wear to both front seats, rear seats could use a spruce up too. Luckily I only live 5 minutes from a furniture clinic so should be able to get them to match the colour for me. It would be good to see some more pictures of your car if you have any?

I think the yellow leather with the blue is superb too, that's what caught my eye about mine (although I didn't realise it was yellow :)).

if I find any plastic paint to touch it up I'll drop you a PM with the details in case you want to give it a try?

i'll try and take some photos of mine in the daylight so you can compare, yours looks good though (and I'm not generally a fan of wood in cars), it really suits the leather colour.

[SUB]thanks rudedaubin, I'll have a look at that one too, although the appeal with the furniture clinic one is that a mate of a mate owns the local one to me so if I get stuck I can give him a shout! Off on hols this weekend so won't get to do it til end of Jan, but I'll stick up some before and after shots when I've done it.

i'll expect some more pictures of your car in about 6 months then :)[/SUB]

It's only just gone in this week,xmas gift from the wife, it's a pioneer avh2400 and to be fair was a pain in the **** to get in with all the adapters needed but I really like it,I even managed to get the little chrome strip back onto the fascia.

Hi pbarlow0032 , did you ever manage to get your interior sorted? and did you get any joy from the furniture clinic? I've suffered a large scratch to the the front of my passenger seat so I need to sort it asap.