Tracking...Am I getting ripped off???

Jay85

Reaction score
Got car booked in Monday (A4 130 TDi Saloon) for 4 new tyres. Also want to get the tracking done at the same time.
Garage thats doing the tyres have quoted £30 to do the tracking if it needs adjusting plus another £30 to adjust the rears if they are out!! Surely you don't adjust the rears as they should be fixed and not have any adjustment on them???
Only car that I needed the rears adjusted was on my old Merc CE230 which had adjustable arms on the rear...
Anybody shed some light please??
Ta

That's pretty good, 4 wheel alignment is usually £80 where I took my old 8L. There is a lot more work involved with 4 wheel alignment over just standard steering tracking

Not sure about the A4, but mine had adjustment on the rear in form of sliding bolts on the rear trailing arm floor mounts, plus you also have to centralise the rear subframe.

There is adjustment on the back of the A4, i had mine done as my OSR wheel was slightly out and i stood and chatted to the guy doing it and he showed me where the adjustment bolts were and let me watch him align the whole car.