Interior light control unit location and wire colours needed

dpbayly

Reaction score
Hi all I'm wanting to know where to find the source of the power for the interior lights that come on when unlocking the car, I'm guessing there its a control unit or ccm somewhere, dose anyone know where its hidden in my 2003 3.0V6 Avant and if anyone can tell me the pin location and wire colours that would be awesome.

under the carpet under the passenger front seat there is a central convenience module not sure what pin it is though!!

its the CCM under the pass seat

what proble are you haveing ?

what proble are you haveing ?

No problems,

I want the interior light wiring as I'm using the switched power source for the interior light to activate another circuit through a relay to switch my LED fog/drl's on when unlocking the car, it will be wired in such a way that there will be no back feed issues when the car is running.

hmmm very good idea that

would be good to do a write up too :)

these are the colors of the wires which i used to fit footwell lights as i wanted them to come on with the interior light. I can only assume that you need to find these at the control module under the passenger carpet.

Footwell Lights "ON" with Interior light:
Based on the Interior Light connector and if you want the footwell lights to come on with the interior light then use Pin 3 (red/yellow) and Pin 10 (red/white) - these connections are effectively across the Interior light bulbs of the roof light, so run these wires to all your footwell lights in parallel.
(Note: I have not tested this - but have looked at the circuit diagrams and this should work - also note you may want to fuse the feed to the footwell lights with an in-line fuse connection for added safety.)

The guy who seems to know these car electrics inside out is called woorlord, im not sure he is on as much anymore but would be worth a pm

No problems,

I want the interior light wiring as I'm using the switched power source for the interior light to activate another circuit through a relay to switch my LED fog/drl's on when unlocking the car, it will be wired in such a way that there will be no back feed issues when the car is running.

Can't that be coded in with VagCom???