Servo info

666markyboy

Reaction score
Hi guys.... does anyone know if the brake servo's are the same on a 1.9 TDi and a 2.5 TDi ?? the pedal on my sons car has gone rock solid with no power assistance.. iv'e checked the vacum pump on the back of the engine with seems to be pulling as hard as it does on my own car so i'm guessing thats fine and i've took the 2 servo pipes that go through the bulkhead and none return valve off which also seem ok so that just leaves me with the servo it'self... we've had issues with the brakes from getting it where it would loose assistance braking hard going downhill and the plenum chambers were full of water when we got it so i'm guessing it's dragged water into the servo and maybe it's now froze or just caused whatever damage it is that the water does.... i've seen a servo on ebay but it's for a 2.5 TDi of the same year 2002 do you reckon it will fit ?? also i'm guessing there's no way of getting the servo out without breaking into the hydraulic system so i'm gonna have to bleed the brakes again ??

I can't really answer your question unfortunately, but the servo's are known to drag water in when the plenum chamber floods.

yeah thats what happend to this one James.... i've stripped it down , even though they say you can't and you can see basically a tide line of rusty water... i would say at one point it has been half full of water, i can post pics if anyones interested .... the damage though has come later on with rust... so the servo was bone dry but rusting has caused it to jam up , no longer working then it give's you a brake pedal with no assistance (rock solid ) .... fitted a new servo today but now i have the dreaded state of bleeding Audi brakes..... it's got a spongy pedal and i want to cycle the ABS pump with Vag-Com like i do on my A3 but it don't wanna seem to talk to the ABS controller.... more faffing tomorrow