Play / Rock in Drivers Seat

AudidriverA4

Reaction score
Evening all,

My A4 has a slight rock or 'give' in the drivers seat, which I find is quite annoying as it can be hard to get comfortable sometimes and the seat can sometimes make a noise going over rough roads etc.

They are the SE seats

I know its hard to diagnoise a problem over the internet but could it possible be a loose bolt/nut holding down the seat?
Is there anywhere else to look for a loose bolt/Nut ?

Anyone else come across a problem like this before in an A4?

Also the seat also does not slide that far up and down i.e the passenger seat slides back further and forward than the drivers seat :uhm: maybe that has that something to do with it ??

Thanks
AudidriverA4

could be something jammed in the runners

does it have the electric lumber support option ?

No doesn't have electric lumber support

could be something jammed in the runners

yeah I checked the rails this evening and found a thick screw lodged in the rails so that sorted why the seat wasn't sliding up and down fully.

As for the Seat itself I reckon its just worn out,

I'm have thinking of now fitting a set of B7 Sport seats into it.

mine rock a little

I'm sure I have seen on here that its the rivets that hold the seat to the slide and the only way to sort it is to weld them!

I usually drive with the radio turned up a good bit, but if I drive with the radio off, there is a good bit of noise coming off the seat, it sounds like springs squeaking aswell as rocking :keule:.

Welding the seat actually sounds like a good idea, but I'm not the best at welding light materials :laugh:

I think changing the seats might be the best option in my case

Just going off topic now but SE vs Sport seats would be the most comfortable ?

couldnt you drill out the rivets and nut and bolt them ... or wouldnt there be room for bolt heads ????