HID Headlight Conversion Query

Anorien

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is a stupid question and / or it has been asked before but is it possible to change a B6 A4's headlights using a HID conversion kit ?

I've seen plenty of kits advertised but don't know of anyone changing the lights on an A4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

vag-parts do a full kit thats all most plug and play or S4/A4 bi-xenon/xenons (if you can find them)are a straight swap

Hmmm ... looks like a pretty standard kit and easy to fit so might give it a go ...

Was just worried about melting my lenses / blowing fuses etc ....

I'll let everyone know if fitting them turns into a disaster !!!

HID lights actually use less power than a conventional H7 buld, so shouldn't blow fuses etc.
They go quite cheap on German ebay.......
I know they're LHD but you could swap all of the "guts" to your existing units or just flat line them.
Wouldn't worry about the self levelling or wash either, live on the edge !!!

Why dont you just buy brand new xenon headlamps? They are not as expensive as you think. Around the £250 each mark from the dealers and VAG parts will be even cheaper!
And you can always sell your original lamps on ebay to recoup some money

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I bought by kit from these guys www.hids4u.co.uk Cost £200 and they work superbly. In my opinion better than factory xenons. Have been using them for nearly a year without no problems. Ask for a guy named Ian.

[ QUOTE ]
I bought by kit from these guys www.hids4u.co.uk Cost £200 and they work superbly. In my opinion better than factory xenons. Have been using them for nearly a year without no problems. Ask for a guy named Ian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good link - I like the look of those, might even be tempted as OEM is not that great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kev.

Took the plunge and bought a Pilot HID conversion kit off Ebay ... total cost £185.

It took about an hour and half to fit them and I'm very pleased with the end result .... trouble is all of my other lights now look a really dirty yellow colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've got before and after pictures of the lights if anyone is interested ?

[ QUOTE ]
Took the plunge and bought a Pilot HID conversion kit off Ebay ... total cost £185.

It took about an hour and half to fit them and I'm very pleased with the end result .... trouble is all of my other lights now look a really dirty yellow colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've got before and after pictures of the lights if anyone is interested ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good! I've been looking at these with getting a H11 kit for the foggies!!

Xenon fogs anyone? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Got some 4350k bulbs though and they match the xenons pretty well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

BUB

Before and after pics can be seen here ...

HID Pics

(web server sometimes plays up so if the images don't load try refreshing a few times )

very impressive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

BUB