rough running v8

hondansxr

Reaction score
hi guys just picked up s4 2003 off flee bay there is no eng mag light coming on ,on ign or any time but airbag light is on .. have done a diagnostic check as it is running like its on 5 cylders (rough vibrating) 1st fault was camshaft sensor then no.3 cylinder cleared ran smooth for 10 sec then rough again .. did full diagnostic and central air flap motor fault and conrol module incorrect chassis ??????
help

"A" camshaft pos timing over advanced performance (bank 1 ) p0011
just thought of something car ran fine reved /sounded ok then i did less than 100 yrds to petrol station and i put 60 quids worth of super unleaded (noticed the norm unleaded out of action ) could it have doggy fuel in it ????

not sure on a petrol,i had camshaft position sensor play up on my van, took 50+ cranks to start it with foot on accelerator, but once started it ran ok.

just undone the fuel pipe and spilt some om a kitchen tissue after a few minutes the tissue is still stained and when you rub it it feels slippy . should nt fuel just evap ?????

It looks like you put v power diesel, however you should not been able to fit the nozzle in the filler but it can be done...

If you'd put diesel in it, it would have white smoke billowing out the back. Coil packs are quite common for going, I may be wrong but I thing there was an Audi recall for S4 coil packs.

mine was very similar and i ended up changing chains/guides/tensioners and cam adjusters

Buy a coil pack (always good to have a spare) and swap them out one by one and see if she runs better or try taking one off at a time and see if the engine note changes if it dose not then you have a bum coil pack.