Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Disk and pad options

Hey guys, new to the forum and need some advice.

I've got a late 54 reg 1.8t 190hp A4 which requires new disks and pads all round (advisory on MOT). I fancy something with a little more bite as I do like to give her a bit of punishment once in a while and wondered if you have any recommendations?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Paul @ Unit on Facebook Visit Paul @ Unit's Instagram Channel
    ive got 312mm's and use brembo pads with apec disc and are quite good

2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant. 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport

6th Gear

Status
    If you have 245mm rear discs, i ahve a brand new set of pagid discs here I don't need.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the quick response guys, how can I tell which sizes I need? I read somewhere it was in the front of the service manual.

3rd Gear

Status
    190's have 312mm fronts and 255mm rears

I've tried ultimax dimpled and grooved discs and pads, they look good behind the wheel but were crap and so have now changed everything to brembo discs and pads, had them for almost a year now and they are perfect..
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks Pabs you're the man! Is that brembo all round or just fronts?? I've heard good things about ds2500's for pads. I'm also contemplating changing over to braided lines and doing a fluid change but also unsure on which fluid to use.

3rd Gear

Status
    No probs mate yeah I've got brembos all round. Padgid and ferrodo get good reviews just depends on your budget, brake fluid change is a definite think its recommended to be changed every 2-3 years and it's dot4 fluid for our cars mate. Your gonna be busy doing all that before xmas.

When your doing your discs check your calipers if the piston is stiff or difficult to push I would recommend getting them refurbed or exchanged, I made the mistake of not and it cost me a new set of front discs and pads and new calipers a few weeks after changing them, the piston seized which clamped the pad on the discs and warped them I was gutted
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

Reverse Gear

Status
    Haha yeah sure am, needs doing though. I don't have to much Xmas expenditure and work nights so shouldn't be a worry. Are your brembos grooved? Dimpled? or just regular??

3rd Gear

Status
    I just got the normal 312mm vented, you can get grooved ones I think they are called brembo max but they were quite a bit more expensive, they look good though

Top Gear

Status
    Brembo Max Discs and pads here!

Never had a problem with them, rears are standard Brembo because they dont seem to do a grooved rear in this size and cant see it making much difference on the back
    Audi A4 1.8T S-Line Quattro (190) '04

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN