Alarm going off constantly - URGENT

DALE_AVANT

Reaction score
Hi all.

My damn alarm keep going off for (seemingly) no reason and is peeving me and the neighbours off.

Had problems with doors freezing shut this week so am wondering if this may have affected something?

Also had the 3-4 beeps coming from the rear alarm unit recently, although that stopped a month or two ago with the alarm being unaffected.

Finally, I have had water in my bootlid recently, could his have frozen and damaged something?

The picture of the car on the dash does not show any doors as open, altough it does flash up with the whole car (with no doors open) which I'm not sure I've seen before?

Any swift help appreciated.

Also had the 3-4 beeps coming from the rear alarm unit recently, although that stopped a month or two ago with the alarm being unaffected.

That means the alarm backup battery is now totally flat, which could be the cause of the alarm keep going off. Sort that out and see if the alarm starts behaving properly.

If you had water in the tailgate lock then normally this would indicate that there is a door open on the dash as the micro switch wouldn't see the boot as shut? these are more common for the n/s/f foot well gettin water into the block connectors causing for corrosion as these are the same set up as the 3b chass passat and having worked for vw i know all about it hope this helps?

This is usually the sign that you have water in the floor it comes in from under the windscreen had this with my past just google passant and a4 water ingress very common fault there are two drain holes under the battery under screen they block up and water goes down round poll on filter and comes out under passenger seat out of the vent in the floor check rear passenger side carpet mine was soaked and your comfort control unit that controls all electrics is under there and it gets into it and sets alarm off all the time if this is the case you need to sort it and dry it soon *** cos they are expensive

So at this stage I think it's either tired alarm batteries, or water in the tailgate causing it to think it's been opened when it hasn't.

Will get it on VAG-COM asap to see if there are any codes.

Anyone have a part number for the Avant bootlid seal??

The alarm system should also store fault codes for you to read.... You could activate the 2 switches to see if this stops it at least then you get a picture if its a interior inside problem of the alarm itself

I had exactly the same on an A3 Quattro, & it was the alarm siren batteries that had leaked onto the pcb board. Bl**dy thing kept going off in the middle of the night, nearly had my neighbours forming a lynch mob:scared2:

I had exactly the same on an A3 Quattro, & it was the alarm siren batteries that had leaked onto the pcb board. Bl**dy thing kept going off in the middle of the night, nearly had my neighbours forming a lynch mob:scared2:

Yeah my B6 S4 was the same, a leaky battery.