Parking Sensor Control Module...

T0m

Reaction score
.....does anyone know if the parking sensor module is the same for a car with front and rear parking sensors and/or a car with just rear parking sensors, my front ones are driving me mad when I enguage reverse the front ones sometimes have a mind of there own and guys on here reckon its the module as all the sensors make the clicking sound when Ive checked them......

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom I have a similar problem that my fronts don't work at all and was wondering if you ever found where the control module for the front sensors is??

Thanks Tom.

Hi,
Have you had the codes read on the car? As I wouldn't be buying anything till I had done this, it should identify the exact cause of your problem, if its a sensor it will pin point the exact one for you. For info I "think" the parking sensor control unit is in the boot on the left hand side.
If you are within travelling distance from Southampton and you need a diagnosis check drop me a PM.

afaik the module is the same. There are three plugs in the module (one for fronts, one for rear and one for system wiring). If one of the sensors is damaged (stone hit or something) then it can give random mis-fires. worth changing them out.

Hi Tom I have a similar problem that my fronts don't work at all and was wondering if you ever found where the control module for the front sensors is??

Thanks Tom.

Yeah it is the same one that controls the rear, on an avant it is behind the rear panel in your boot noting you cannot just replace it with a standard control module you need the specific one for that controls the front and rear. I tried a standard one and it only made the rears function so I took it back!

The module number you want is 8E0-919-283-A

Andy, I had my read by Audi and they said they couldn't see anything wrong with them, they all tick when you put your ear to them...like I said its only intermittently it happens my fronts just appear to have a mind of their own and go off when activated and there is nothing infront of me!

Ive cleaned them as I thought I may of got some dirt in them or something but no, now and again they go off (only when I engage reverse of cause), Ive got a spare one and when I take my front bumper off to replace it I will swap it out with each one to see if any are damaged but like I said its sooo intermittent its hard to say what is causing it.

My friend hooked it up to vcds yesterday and it said there is a "open circuit on all front sensors" so just wanted to check the simple things first like if it was even plugged in to the control module. I found and checked that today and it seems correct but wondering if the front bumper has been taken off at some point and a connector nearer the front has not been re connected when the bumper was put back on? All the sensors click at the back but not any click at the front but none work?

My friend hooked it up to vcds yesterday and it said there is a "open circuit on all front sensors" so just wanted to check the simple things first like if it was even plugged in to the control module. I found and checked that today and it seems correct but wondering if the front bumper has been taken off at some point and a connector nearer the front has not been re connected when the bumper was put back on? All the sensors click at the back but not any click at the front but none work?

Sounds like you are going to have to take your front bumper off to check fella.....use this it may help you.....

:: a4mods.com :: - The Premiere Audi A4 Modification Guide and Pictures Library

Thanks for the link Tom and the offer of vcds help Andy il give it a go as soon as I get a chance and let you know what I find.

Tom.