bbs lm reps

Leaky Lloyd

Reaction score
really tempted to stick some of these on my car but the thing thats stopping me is seeing some with reps and the chrome lip seems really badly pitted
does anyone have reps on and what are your thoughts on looking after them ?
can they be kept in tiptop condition or is it a constant loosing battle ?

I'm running reps, but I only use them in the summer as soon as it starts getting cold they come off and I put my rs6's on, really easy to look after just make sure you put a good coat of rim wax on just keep on top of them, wouldn't recommend in the winter, the salt gets underneath the lacquer and give the horrible pitted look

Heres a cheeky Pic of my staggered 19" LM's taken in the summer

cumvag11.jpg

cumvag5.jpg

I polish mine, wax them with poorboys wheel sealant and clean them about 2 or 3 times a week and they are already starting to show signs of corrosion where the lacquer is really thin on the rims. Mine are about 6 months old.
I think it is a bit hit and miss weather you get a good set or not (if they have a good even coat of lacquer on the rim).
If I was making the decision again I'd buy as set of 3SDM rims instead.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1354710054.589873.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1354710054.589873.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,231
I've got 18" all chrome LM's and have a couple of kerb marks on the front left one

Any contact with concrete is going to mark them so you need to be well carefull - each time I did it was due to me not concentrating

They need to be cleaned regularly as brake dust, muck, salt etc will corrode the finish over time if not kept off...